[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Devin Hester needs the ball

LaterGATOR

Devin Hester is arguably the most dangerous and elusive player in the world with a ball in his hands. Can someone please tell this to the Bears coaching staff! When you only use Hester for ONE PLAY on offense and only manage to get him one return you are not giving yourself the best chance to win. I don't care if it is at KR, PR, WR, RB, hell even QB, or all of the above; he needs 10+ touches a game!

It just seems so obvious

Devin Hester is arguably the most dangerous and elusive player in the world with a ball in his hands. Can someone please tell this to the Bears coaching staff! When you only use Hester for ONE PLAY on offense and only manage to get him one return you are not giving yourself the best chance to win. I don't care if it is at KR, PR, WR, RB, hell even QB, or all of the above; he needs 10+ touches a game!

It just seems so obvious

Isn't limiting kickoffs usually a good thing? Since kickoffs occur, y'know, when the other team scores.

Not sure I agree. Returning punts and kicks is MUCH different than running patterns and catching balls.

When you got the speed and the moves he has you got to throw them 3 or 4 passes a game. I understand he aint Steve Smith...but he can add something to your core.something that scares the other team as everyone knows he can break a play.

When you got the speed and the moves he has you got to throw them 3 or 4 passes a game. I understand he aint Steve Smith...but he can add something to your core.something that scares the other team as everyone knows he can break a play.

Assuming of course he can run a route ... that he can get off a bump ... that he can break coverage ... that he can catch the ball on the run.

It is not the same

Isn't limiting kickoffs usually a good thing? Since kickoffs occur, y'know, when the other team scores.

Don't forget punting is generally a good thing for the football team. You know when there is a three and out on defense and you force the team to punt. But my argument this that you put him on offense so you can control the number of times he gets the ball. You can motion him into the back field for misdirection runs, reverses, direct snaps. The bears do none of this. Running a route isn't rocket science and he should be able to learn this with ease. He must have some kind of hands if he can catch a punt.

Get him the ball!!!!!!

Edited by LaterGATOR

Assuming of course he can run a route ... that he can get off a bump ... that he can break coverage ... that he can catch the ball on the run.

It is not the same

I understand the difference very well brother Grits.

I also understand "special" speed and "special" moves. you got that kinda guy you find ways to get them into the mix.

I personally would throw 3 or 4 short routes a game to him and send him deep once or twice a game.