[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade advice

Sam

I'm trying to work out a trade for LJ. Standard Perf Scoring (no ppr).

My Lineup:

Pos Player, Team

QB Tom Brady, NE

RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD

RB Adrian Peterson®, MIN

RB Deuce McAllister, NO

RB De'Shaun Foster, CAR

RB Kevin Jones, DET

WR Chad Johnson, CIN

WR Donald Driver, GB

WR Patrick Crayton, DAL

WR D.J. Hackett, SEA

TE Kellen Winslow, CLE

TE Bo Scaife, TEN

PK Matt Stover, BAL

Def Seahawks, Team Defense, SEA

His line-up:

Pos Player, Team

QB Vince Young, TEN

QB Steve McNair, BAL

RB Larry Johnson, KC

RB Maurice Jones-Drew, JAC

RB Ladell Betts, WAS

RB Michael Turner, SD

WR Torry Holt, STL

WR Javon Walker, DEN

WR Deion Branch, SEA

WR Isaac Bruce, STL

WR Matt Jones, JAC

TE Todd Heap, BAL

PK Jason Elam, DEN

Def Jaguars, Team Defense, JAC

I'm not giving up LT, Brady or CJ. I already told him that. He offered McNair and LJ for Brady and Peterson. I'm obviously not going to do that deal. I like Peterson but he is a rookie and will probably split carries with Chester assuming he recovers from the hip contusion (or whatever he has) I don't think I can offer anything not including Peterson that wouldn't insult him can I? What would you offer. I was thinking Peterson and Foster/McAllister for LJ and Turner. Would you give up Peterson for LJ? Or would you hold on to what I have for now?

Thanks in advance.

I'm trying to work out a trade for LJ. Standard Perf Scoring (no ppr).

My Lineup:

Pos Player, Team

QB Tom Brady, NE

RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD

RB Adrian Peterson®, MIN

RB Deuce McAllister, NO

RB De'Shaun Foster, CAR

RB Kevin Jones, DET

WR Chad Johnson, CIN

WR Donald Driver, GB

WR Patrick Crayton, DAL

WR D.J. Hackett, SEA

TE Kellen Winslow, CLE

TE Bo Scaife, TEN

PK Matt Stover, BAL

Def Seahawks, Team Defense, SEA

His line-up:

Pos Player, Team

QB Vince Young, TEN

QB Steve McNair, BAL

RB Larry Johnson, KC

RB Maurice Jones-Drew, JAC

RB Ladell Betts, WAS

RB Michael Turner, SD

WR Torry Holt, STL

WR Javon Walker, DEN

WR Deion Branch, SEA

WR Isaac Bruce, STL

WR Matt Jones, JAC

TE Todd Heap, BAL

PK Jason Elam, DEN

Def Jaguars, Team Defense, JAC

I'm not giving up LT, Brady or CJ. I already told him that. He offered McNair and LJ for Brady and Peterson. I'm obviously not going to do that deal. I like Peterson but he is a rookie and will probably split carries with Chester assuming he recovers from the hip contusion (or whatever he has) I don't think I can offer anything not including Peterson that wouldn't insult him can I? What would you offer. I was thinking Peterson and Foster/McAllister for LJ and Turner. Would you give up Peterson for LJ? Or would you hold on to what I have for now?

Thanks in advance.

You're going to have to give up Peterson in some sort of package for LJ as you don't have any pieces worth any value outside of your top 3. LJ and Peterson straight up isn't quite fair value IMO and his offer would seem more fair.

You're going to have to give up Peterson in some sort of package for LJ as you don't have any pieces worth any value outside of your top 3. LJ and Peterson straight up isn't quite fair value IMO and his offer would seem more fair.

I understand what you're saying but I can't give up Brady for a QB that didn't even finish last nights game because of groin injury. I could probably get someone off the WW as good as or better than McNair even he was healthy. There may be guys that are higher on him but I don't like him. I understand the risk with Peterson having to split carries with Taylor, but there's also some risk with LJ as well. The next few weeks are going to be brutal for LJ (@CHI MIN @SD JAC). This guy is 0-1 already and may not be able to crawl out of an 0-4/5 hole if LJ doesn't perform. One could argue that Peterson has as much if not more upside than LJ right now. I'm thinking the AP and Foster/McAllister is a fair trade, I'm just worried I might regret giving up Peterson for LJ. I could be totally off my rocker though.

I agree, looking over your roster your team looks solid. The only thing you might consider later is trading some of your RB depth for better WR depth.

Initially that was my suggestion, but he has no flex in this league so he only starts two WR's and two RB's. I definately would want to pair LJ with LT in this scenerio, if it were a keeper then I'd probably advise against it. Always trade for a guy when his stock is down and trade a player when their stock is at it's highest. LJ has a strecth run in the middle of the season where in weeks 5-13 6 of those 8 games are at home, he's going to rip off some hugh games in there. I personally like his playoff schedule as well.

Sorry I should have listed the starting requirements for this league in the beginning (newbie mistake). 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D

I offered him Peterson and Foster for LJ and Turner (which I think is more than fair right now) and he countered with Young and LJ for Brady, Peterson and Winslow. I obviously told him no way I was gonna do that deal. I countered back with Peterson and Foster for just LJ (not sure how big a deal it is to him giving me Turner). And then told him if he didn't want to do that I'd get back to him next week after another bad week from LJ going up against Chicago on the road. :D