[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Something isn't right....

rocknrobn26

Oh man.....the wife now thinks it may have been her mistake. She was taking cranberry pills on and off for the last year. She no longer has the original bottle, thinks they may have been in her daily pill container and she may have dumped them in the Nexium bottle. She went out and bought some more, but they look a lot darker than ones we found.

I don't know what to think and she's upset for the ruckus she caused. :wacko:

I'm am really confused now. :D

And I'll apologize for my "knee-jerk" post. I am truly sorry! :wacko: I never should have posted this w/o a thorough investigation, but this place is so great w/ advice, she was in a panic, and I couldn't help it. :D We're still not 100% sure, but it's quite possible.

Okay....give me the red-ass I deserve. I mean that.

Hey Tom,

My uncle oversees the entire midwest poison center. Shoot me an email of the pills and I'll see if I can get him to identify them for you.

Edit: Nevermind just read your last post, but if you ever decide to poison yourself again let me know. I can go straight to the top for you.

Edited by twiley

Oh man.....the wife now thinks it may have been her mistake. She was taking cranberry pills on and off for the last year. She no longer has the original bottle, thinks they may have been in her daily pill container and she may have dumped them in the Nexium bottle. She went out and bought some more, but they look a lot darker than ones we found.

I don't know what to think and she's upset for the ruckus she caused. :wacko:

I'm am really confused now. :D

And I'll apologize for my "knee-jerk" post. I am truly sorry! :wacko: I never should have posted this w/o a thorough investigation, but this place is so great w/ advice, she was in a panic, and I couldn't help it. :wacko: We're still not 100% sure, but it's quite possible.

Okay....give me the red-ass I deserve. I mean that.

Those kind of errors are expected from old people. :D

glad it turned out to be nothing.

As far as calling an attorney goes, you can do that. But the first question in their mind will be: where are the damages? If your wife didn't suffer any real harm, then most lawyers aren't going to be inclined to get involved unless you're willing to pay them hourly. But they'd also be willing to cut your lawn and wash your car if you're willing to pay their hourly wages, so that isn't saying much.

The second issue here is establishing that the "other" pills got into the bottle because of someone else's negligence. By your our admission, your wife may have been the cause. That's a bad fact.

This isn't my area of the law, so I can't give you any concrete advice as to your potential cause of action. But, in general, bad facts and no damages typically don't generate much interest from plaintiffs' attorneys. Now, this may be more of a regulatory matter. Contacting the FDA, federal trade commission, or perhaps even your state attorney general might get some more traction on the issue. Another route you could take would be to have one of the pills independently analyzed by a lab to determine their nature. If it turns out to be something you don't have around your house, then perhaps pursuing legal/regulatory action is more worthy of consideration.

Hey Tom,

My uncle oversees the entire midwest poison center. Shoot me an email of the pills and I'll see if I can get him to identify them for you.

Edit: Nevermind just read your last post, but if you ever decide to poison yourself again let me know. I can go straight to the top for you.

Check your caller ID in the next few minutes......if it's me, DON'T answer! :wacko:

Those kind of errors are expected from old people. :D

glad it turned out to be nothing.

Keep them coming.

As far as calling an attorney goes, you can do that. But the first question in their mind will be: where are the damages? If your wife didn't suffer any real harm, then most lawyers aren't going to be inclined to get involved unless you're willing to pay them hourly. But they'd also be willing to cut your lawn and wash your car if you're willing to pay their hourly wages, so that isn't saying much.

The second issue here is establishing that the "other" pills got into the bottle because of someone else's negligence. By your our admission, your wife may have been the cause. That's a bad fact.

This isn't my area of the law, so I can't give you any concrete advice as to your potential cause of action. But, in general, bad facts and no damages typically don't generate much interest from plaintiffs' attorneys. Now, this may be more of a regulatory matter. Contacting the FDA, federal trade commission, or perhaps even your state attorney general might get some more traction on the issue. Another route you could take would be to have one of the pills independently analyzed by a lab to determine their nature. If it turns out to be something you don't have around your house, then perhaps pursuing legal/regulatory action is more worthy of consideration.

Absolutely correct. And thanks Yo!

Both the pharmacist and the woman in the health food store are reasonably sure that it looks like a supplement. :D

When the wife gets home, I'm gonna open both capsules and taste it. That will probably be the convincer.

Sorry again, but another Huddle legend is born. :wacko: