[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade SJax+Brees for B. Jacobs+Schaub

sharkey

Here's my thinking:

Steve Jackson with the groin looks to be out many weeks still from what I hear and when he comes back his line is still a shambles and his team is dead. And Brees may bounce back but I don't see it--I see mediocrity with his line and his defense putting him behind and pressured. I'm doubting the Saints pull it together.

Now with Brandon Jacobs he is basically back and yes Ward with get some love BUT at the very least Jacobs gets TDS and maybe a bunch more. And the Giants look solid on offense. With Schaub I see strong upside especially when Andre gets back--look what he is doing with very little right now. I think he's a special QB that raises everyone else up.

Okay am I crazy or should I pull the trigger?

I agree, no way. Jacobs will get TD carries, but I can see SJax turning it around and Brees is going to have to.

There is no way I'd do this...Brees will be better than Schaub and Jacobs will be splitting at best...I think you could get better.

Well I decided to go for this trade anyway and I think it will work. Brees after a bye STILL struggled(NO and he are blah) and Schaub did a little better(yes, I know just a little) and will have his weapons back soon--I definitely think he'll outplay Brees for rest of the year. SJAX I don't think they will rush back with his torn groin until after the bye in week 10 and I can't afford to wait that long. Jacobs looked strong and should get the bigger bulk of carries while sharing SOME especially as the season goes on. I think I upgraded at QB and RB. :D

Edited by sharkey