[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Proposal

cager1113

OK, I am pretty set with a really nice roster and an undefeated record. I have Kitna, Favre and Big Ben at QB. I am starting to worry about my RBS. I have Shaun Alexander, Ronnie Brown, Travis Henry, Selvin Young, & Michael Pittman. A division foe who is hurting at QB and is 2 games behind me has offered Lawrence Maroney for Big Ben. I know Maroney is currently ailing but, is it worth the gamble to look at the long haul and give up my #3 QB for a potential stud RB or should I wait everyone out?

Cager

Unless you think you could do better in return at RB by keeping Ben as a backup & offering Kitna or Favre around, take a shot at Maroney, maybe you'll end up getting 4-5 decent games out of him by season's end. As an aside, just FYI Pittman left today's game in the 1st half with an ankle injury & did not return.

Thanks, has anyone heard any updates on Maroney's health and how long he may be out?

Nothing solid, but a groin injury is not something pleasant for any player to work thru, especially not for a RB ... as is pretty customary for the NEP, they have been rather vague about the specific nature of the injury ... it could be a strain, but if worse (as in a tear, similar to what SJax is battling right now) Maroney could be "questionable" for a while. Bear in mind that this is all pretty much speculation on my part, so take it at that at least until / unless some more meaningful info comes out of New England.