[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If I try my hardest

Here's the deal...

3-2 Me 5-0 him

I need to start 2 RB's

Marshawn Lynch on a bye

Kevin Jones on a bye

Steven Jackson hurt

Jamal Lewis hurt

Michael Pittman hurt

I need to start 2 WR's

Lee Evans on a bye

Andre Johnson hurt

Kevin Curtis healthy

Wes Welker healthy

I have no wiggle room at QB, kicker, te, or defense. So I waived Welker and Pittman for Kenny Watson and Jason Wright but in order to have a second starter at WR I would need to waive Lynch, Jones, Evans, Steve Jackson or Jamal Lewis. Now Evans is awful but I really don't want to waive him for Michael Jenkins, James Jones, or Wes Welker who I just cut...get 2 points out of them and have Evans find his groove next week on someone else's team.

I feel it is my teams best interest to not cut any players and start Curtis and Andre Johnson knowing he won't play. It sucks for those teams chasing 5-0 guy but I want to take my chances that 30 yards out of some scrub WR won't matter in my game. I am the commish and I obviously want to win but there is a bigger picture here.

Any thoughts?

If Jamal Lewis plays I could cut Jason Wright sunday morning and grab someone at wr, but you know Lewis gives it a go and leaves the game early, Wright goes off and the guy I sign gets 2 points.

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

Actually I am curious why this was moved...it isn't a wdis post.

I will start:

Carson Palmer @ Chiefs

Jason Wright @ Dolphins

Kenny Watson @ Chiefs

Andre Johnson @ probably won't play.

Kevin Curtis @ Jets

Greg Olsen @ Vikings

Phil Dawson @ Dolphins

Jags @ Texans

The question was...is it ok, stragety wise, for the medium term future of my team, to start Andre Johnson who isn't going to play because I don't want to cut anybody for one week of crappy bye week filler.

The list of players was to point out how injured and bye week riddled my team was.

If I cut Lee Evans he will be signed by some team in my league and I lose his potential for the year just to fill a one week issue or am I obligated to field a full strength team at any cost. I don't think I am.

Thanks

Edited by satelliteoflovegm

Here's the deal...

3-2 Me 5-0 him

I need to start 2 RB's

Marshawn Lynch on a bye

Kevin Jones on a bye

Steven Jackson hurt

Jamal Lewis hurt

Michael Pittman hurt

I need to start 2 WR's

Lee Evans on a bye

Andre Johnson hurt

Kevin Curtis healthy

Wes Welker healthy

I have no wiggle room at QB, kicker, te, or defense. So I waived Welker and Pittman for Kenny Watson and Jason Wright but in order to have a second starter at WR I would need to waive Lynch, Jones, Evans, Steve Jackson or Jamal Lewis. Now Evans is awful but I really don't want to waive him for Michael Jenkins, James Jones, or Wes Welker who I just cut...get 2 points out of them and have Evans find his groove next week on someone else's team.

I feel it is my teams best interest to not cut any players and start Curtis and Andre Johnson knowing he won't play. It sucks for those teams chasing 5-0 guy but I want to take my chances that 30 yards out of some scrub WR won't matter in my game. I am the commish and I obviously want to win but there is a bigger picture here.

Any thoughts?

If Jamal Lewis plays I could cut Jason Wright sunday morning and grab someone at wr, but you know Lewis gives it a go and leaves the game early, Wright goes off and the guy I sign gets 2 points.

the above in bold is why it was moved

Edited by G.K.Trey