[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Heavenly Sword

alexgaddis

GTA V info

"According to the November 2007 issue # 76 of the Official Xbox Magazine Sony has secured the next Grand Theft Auto, which would be number 7 in the series, to be a true exclusive to the Playstation 3."

"Rockstar really wanted to make a game that you can truly only do on PS3, harnessing the power of the Cell and Blu-ray disc and this deal lets them do just that" as said by Sony's Michael Shorrock in a statement to the press. " We handed Rockstar a signed blank check because we were short sighted enough to let Grand Theft Auto's exclusivity get away from us. Oops!"

http://www.hdgamenews.com/2007/10/so...and-theft.html

Assassins Creed

http://spong.com/article/14012/Assas... c_Size?cb=580

http://www.comnetslash.com/2007/10/1...memory-issues/

Quote:

The developer behind hotly anticipated stealth game Assassin's Creed has revealed details of its struggle to make the game as good on the PS3 as it is on the 360.

The game's creative director, Patrice Desilets, told Pro-G in an interview that one of the biggest challenges the team is currently facing is fitting everything into a 360 DVD disc compared with Sony's Blu-ray format. Conversely, he revealed that the team was "really struggling right now on PS3" because of memory problems specific to Sony's console.

He added that the developer, Ubisoft Montreal, had drafted in help from both Microsoft and Sony to make sure the game has "the same quality on both systems".

"The PS3 version is as good as the 360 version. We've been showing the PS3 version at E3 this year, but we've done a lot of events and it's just easier for us and for people from the press to have a 360. But the versions are the same, basically," he said.

He added: "Both have their own challenges. Right now we have a big challenge on the 360 to make it fit on a DVD, to put five languages, to put all the data on eight gigs. On the Blu-ray side we're really good, but then the memory is quite different. How we handle memory is really different between the two machines and we're struggling right now on the PS3. But we have people who are really dedicated and we're having help from Microsoft on one side and Sony on the other side to have the same quality on both systems. It really depends on the week basically as to who's best."

Owners of the PS3 will find comfort in the comments, having suffered some poor quality ports of 360 games since Sony released the console in March this year.

You can check out the entire video interview with Patrice next week, where he talks about the possibility of using Assassin's Creed's technology in other games and why the PS3 version will not make use of the Sixaxis controller's motion technology. If that's not enough for you, you can check out our hands-on preview of the game later today.

I'm not being sarcastic or anything, but I'm not sure what you mean by the 1st sentence...maybe you made a typo as the PS3 came out right when Gears did....or maybe I am misreading it...

but to the rest of what you said....it will take some patience as the PS3 still has some games....

the ones out now...

Ninja Gaiden Sigma

Resistance

Heavenly Sword

Warhawk ...a real fun game but is online only...but I have more fun with this than Resistance....even though Resistance is better...

Uncharted:Drakes Fortune will be the key release....

but as far as the 360 goes....it is inferior to the PS3 but not everyone will realize this until around summer 08 unfortunately...

and that's taking nothing away from the 360 as I plan to own one anyways...I saw the Ninja Gaiden 2 demo and it made me angry when I heard "xbox 360 only"....

the 360 was rushed...as was the PS3 in it's own way....but the 360 has a 30% failure rate...and MS has even admitted that there is a flaw in the hardware.....I assumed this problem went away when the Elite came out, but there were complaints of the ring of death right out of the box....

and that number wouldn't look so bad if the PS3 didn't have under a .05% failure rate....

and the failure rate is my only REAL gripe with the 360 as they will replace it with no hassle.....but you spend that time without a system....

when this problem slows down, because you can't expect it to completely go away since it is technology....I won't get one...even though I want to play Gears/Halo/Ninja Gaiden...

:D