[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Jacobs for Chad Johnson?

splotchman

I'm in a PPR league that stats 2 RB and 3 WR.

I've offerred Brandon Jacobs for Chad Johnson.

My RB: LJ, Henry, B.Jacobs,A.Peterson (MIN), M.Jones-Drew, S.Young

My WR: Roy Williams, Holt, S.Holmes, R. Curry

Does this seem reasonable?

Ahh.. are you sure he agreed to that ? I think its a no-brainer, yes.. jacobs may put up decent numbers but not as many as Johnson can, and will. Cinci's passing game is elite and somewhat mandatory with their poor defense which means more points for recievers. Plus your running game has a lot of depth with Henry (for now) and A.Peterson.. and even S. Young can take over when Henry is booted for the season.

Thanks. If you were in my shoes, would you still trade Peterson for Chad?

Yes. I think they are similar in overall fantasy value, and Chad will be more valuable to your team specifically than Peterson, since you are much deeper at RB and WR, given your personnel and lineup requirements. Having a lineup with LJ/Henry (Young) at RB with Jacobs & MJD on the bench, and WRs Chad/Roy/Holt with Santonio and Curry on the bench is excellent balance and depth.

Yes. I think they are similar in overall fantasy value, and Chad will be more valuable to your team specifically than Peterson, since you are much deeper at RB and WR, given your personnel and lineup requirements. Having a lineup with LJ/Henry (Young) at RB with Jacobs & MJD on the bench, and WRs Chad/Roy/Holt with Santonio and Curry on the bench is excellent balance and depth.

Dude Peterson is a nice story, but he's not similar in overall fantasy value as Johnson. You make that trade for either as quickly as you can.

Dude Peterson is a nice story, but he's not similar in overall fantasy value as Johnson. You make that trade for either as quickly as you can.

Not similar in value? Hmm. In my league's scoring system, Peterson has 64 fantasy points after four games, and Chad has 65 fantasy points after four games. And, while Chad is a more proven performer than Peterson, Peterson also plays a position where fantasy owners are having trouble start two decent players every week, much less good ones, when you consider injuries, and RBs who are just plain not performing yet, like LT, LJ, Alexander, Gore, etc. Again, in the case of the original poster, I'd do a Peterson for Chad trade, but not because Chad is hugely more valuable than Peterson. Rather, because trading a RB for a WR makes sense for his team.

Not similar in value? Hmm. In my league's scoring system, Peterson has 64 fantasy points after four games, and Chad has 65 fantasy points after four games. And, while Chad is a more proven performer than Peterson, Peterson also plays a position where fantasy owners are having trouble start two decent players every week, much less good ones, when you consider injuries, and RBs who are just plain not performing yet, like LT, LJ, Alexander, Gore, etc. Again, in the case of the original poster, I'd do a Peterson for Chad trade, but not because Chad is hugely more valuable than Peterson. Rather, because trading a RB for a WR makes sense for his team.

I agree that Johnson probably has more value than Peterson in our PPR league. However, this other team has been decimated by injuries at RB and is currently starting Norwood and Chester Taylor. It has has some sweet receivers with Owens, Fitzgerald, Johnson, and Steve Smith.

I offered Jacobs as a low ball with them fully expecting to come back and ask for AP. I would definitely still trade AP for Johnson. If they still won't try that, I might try to get AP for Owens (already know they won't give me Fitzy and I DO NOT want Smitty with Carr and 'old man Vinny at QB)....