[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

WR3 advice needed...

champdog76

Hi all. I've got Plaxico and D. Bowe in at WR1 & WR2. WR3's got me scratchin' my head.

I've got V. Jackson, Welker, James Jones, and Jerry Porter to choose from. I've pretty much eliminated Jackson and Jones, based on the matchups. Leaves me with Welker & Porter. I've even seen some sites recommend Sidney Rice, who's way down on my depth chart, but still a remote possibility, although HIGHLY unlikely.

Any suggestions? I'll be glad to return the favor if you'll point me to your post.

Thanks in advance. :D

EDIT: Another possibility I have is to play 2 WRs & 2 TEs. Gates is my TE1, but I've also got Ben Watson for 2 TE sets. Didn't include him because I figured he had a bad matchup vs. Dallas.

Edited by champdog76

I'd go with Welker or Watson. Welker will get more looks ,but Watson could score a Td with all the Redzone looks he gets. Dallas can be thrown on.

Welker or Watson, especially Welker, seems like the "smart" pick, but as a Charger fan, I know how vulnerable they are to the pass right now. Welker's due, but Watson feels like a trap play after that big game last week. I've got Porter in there right now, because it seems like he's on Culpepper's radar...but I can still be swayed. Keep the opinions coming please!

Much appreciation for the reply, bluedevil17.

If I go with Welker or Porter, it's:

WR1 Burress

WR2 Bowe

WR3 Welker/Porter

If I go with Watson, it's my 2 TE set.

WR1 Burress

WR2 Bowe

TE1 Gates

TE2 Watson

Welker AND Watson isn't a possibility, so I might just have to flip a coin on that one. I like Porter's upside today, but it's a RISKY play, I know.

The thing that's getting me on Watson is that everything I'm seeing is saying that Dallas is shutting down TEs this year...of course, they haven't played the Patriots yet either...