[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Ronnie Brown a Stud?

Capt. Stanky

I'm in first place in my league in great part to RBrown. He's facing the Pats this week, but I still think he will have a decent game. We get .5 per rec in this league, so I think he should get around double digits with his rec alone. My other option is TJones. They play my Bungles this week. I feel confident TJones will have a good game. You're never supposed to bench your studs, but has RBrown reached stud status?

Edited by Capt. Stanky

You don't jump off the hot train, unless you have a great alternative.

Yes, Jones is projected for a better game on paper, but do you know for sure what will happen?

I know for sure that Miami has nothing going for it besides Ronnie Brown and perhaps Lemon

stealing his td's and throwin some picks... lol.

but, if you want to go purely on matchup, take jones.

Personally, I think Ronnie gets min. 65 rush, 35 pass.

With your PPR, he's in double-digits. Unless you are up against it, against a stacked opponent, I wouldn't go for it on 4th and 6.

I'm in first place in my league in great part to RBrown. He's facing the Pats this week, but I still think he will have a decent game. We get .5 per rec in this league, so I think he should get around double digits with his rec alone. My other option is TJones. They play my Bungles this week. I feel confident TJones will have a good game. You're never supposed to bench your studs, but has RBrown reached stud status?

Here's how I feel about this... I plug in Ronnie Brown and find out Thomas Jones nets 160 total yards and a TD - I say "that's FFL... Thomas Jones hasn't found the endzone all year and doesn't catch passes in the Jets offense." If, however, I plug in Thomas Jones and he runs for 80 yards, has 1 catch and no TDs, I kick myself repeatedly.

So, what I'm saying is that Ronnie Brown is virtually a stud, and he should get some good numbers this weekend even though they are playing the Pats. I can't imagine sitting him against any team when the Dolphins have no other real offensive threat. I'm wondering if you can only start 1 RB in this league and, if not, who you are starting that is causing this debate in the first place.

BTW - did the math and for Ronnie Brown to get double digit points off of catches at .5 PPR, that's 20 catches. Don't see him breaking T.O.'s record on Sunday... Sorry!

Not sure if the PPR calc was alluding to my post. If it was, I was talking about total Points + PPR points.

That would make him a 'virtual lock' for 10 + 2 = 12 points this week.

Given that Jones needs TDs for points, there is no advantage. Ronnie can score TDs as well.

His initials are RB... next question.

BTW - did the math and for Ronnie Brown to get double digit points off of catches at .5 PPR, that's 20 catches. Don't see him breaking T.O.'s record on Sunday... Sorry!

I don't know if you meant to come off as a jerk with this comment, but you did. I'm thinking along the lines of receptions and receiving yards, so 6 catches for 60 yards would be 9 pts.