[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade Advice

JaysGoingDown

His Team:

QB Brian Griese

WR Randy Moss

WR Joey Galloway

WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh

RB Maurice Jones-Drew

RB LenDale White

W/T Antwaan Randle El

W/R Correll Buckhalter

BN Tony Romo

BN Larry Johnson

BN Bobby Engram

BN Laurence Maroney

K Adam Vinatieri

BN David Akers

DEF San Diego

BN Washington Def

BN Seattle Def

My team:

QB - T. Brady, Derek Anderson

RB - Shaun Alexander, Rudi Johnson, Kenny Watson, Kevin Jones, Chris Henry (RB-TEN)

WR - P. Burress, J. Cotchery, DJ Hackett, R. Parrish, Steve Breaston (WR/KR-Arizona)

TE - A. Gates

Kicker - Rob Bironas, Steve Gostkowski

DEF - Arizona, Buffalo (on the rise)

What player should I trade to get Randy Moss (a sell-high candidate, and the go-to guy for Brady)? I was thinking Antonio Gates for Moss, but I don't think he would bite until I package Gates with somebody else or two. In that case, what would be ideal?

Any other ideas for trade, if not this one? I am also open to other ideas.

Thanks,

10 points for TDs, whether rushing, receiving, or passing, or kick return TD

20 points for every 1 yard passing

10 points for every 1 yard rushing

10 points for every 1 yard receiving

10 points for every 1 yard kick return

First off, it's curious to me that you acknowledge that Moss is a "sell-high candidate" yet you are trying to trade for him at the peak of his value? Second, that is the craziest scoring system I've ever seen (I assume it's a typo though).

Anyway, it looks like you don't have a mandatory TE spot (you should mention your spots when asking about a trade). Regardless, the other team would probably want Gates + a RB or WR for Moss, which probably isn't worth it for you anyway. His biggest weakness is RB, and I just don't think it's worth it for you to give up a decent RB + Gates for Moss.

Maybe target another WR from another team?

Good luck.

First off, it's curious to me that you acknowledge that Moss is a "sell-high candidate" yet you are trying to trade for him at the peak of his value? Second, that is the craziest scoring system I've ever seen (I assume it's a typo though).

Anyway, it looks like you don't have a mandatory TE spot (you should mention your spots when asking about a trade). Regardless, the other team would probably want Gates + a RB or WR for Moss, which probably isn't worth it for you anyway. His biggest weakness is RB, and I just don't think it's worth it for you to give up a decent RB + Gates for Moss.

Maybe target another WR from another team?

Good luck.

I guess I should forget the idea and hold on to the players that I have. I guess I was bitten by the "greed" bug.

My thinking was that Gates was my keeper and that I had to let him go after this season. I guess I will ride it out while I still have him.

Thanks, anyway. It was just a thought.

If I were him I'd start thinking about it if you offered up KJ and Gates (If TE mandatory)

If I were a Moss owner I'd be holding unless someone wheeled in a truckload of gold for him right now. He needs a RB so that's where I would start if you really want him. Personally I think it's too much to give up. You are already coming out ahead every time Moss catches a TD with Brady, just enjoy the ride.