[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Survival Football - Week 8

#1 Niners Fan

Hey All-

I am stil alive in my survivor pool (amazingly, never lasted this long!). Have used most of the ones I am sure most have....NE, Jax, Pitt, Dall, Indy, Balt, and NYG.

For this week I am deciding between the following:

San Diego - they play at "home" against Houston (wherever homes turns out to be, as I am in SoCal, and it is like being inside one big cigarette). I was pretty sure on this one, until the fires started up, and the uncertainty surrounding where the Chargers will end up playing...

New Orleans - they are playing against my Niners, and I have already picked against them twice to keep myself alive in this pool...thinking the Saints are a good lock to beat us, but I hate to pin my hopes on a 2-4 team, on the road...

Any other suggestions...who are others taking who are still alive...

Anyone ever made it through an entire season?

I am in a similar boat. Although I still have Jacksonville. I am most likely on San Diego as long as its not in Houston. If they are, I may possibly play Denver. I make most of my picks based on the gambling market.. and Denver -3 is getting pounded.

Yeah, I was thinking of that one, but that is too close...I want to get a sure thing...but I guess you use your sure things to get to this point, and now you have to pick games that you know are going to be close...

This is the toughest week to date, IMO.

There are still 20 people left in my $5000 pool. Which is a huge number for this time of year.

San Diego seems like the top option this weekend for me, but that's only because I've already taken New England, the Giants, and Tennessee.

I think the Chargers are a good choice. Houston is in shambles right now, and while the Chargers will miss out on some practice time due to dealing with the fires, I bet once they get onto the field, they will try to relieve the stress from the past week by pasting Houston. And, if they do win this week, the Chargers could end up leading their division, giving them plenty of incentive.

I think the Chargers are a good choice. Houston is in shambles right now, and while the Chargers will miss out on some practice time due to dealing with the fires, I bet once they get onto the field, they will try to relieve the stress from the past week by pasting Houston. And, if they do win this week, the Chargers could end up leading their division, giving them plenty of incentive.

+1

Coming off of a bye week and playing against a pretty banged up Houston team, San Diego is probably your best option. I hate taking road teams in survivor pools, and can't imagine taking a 2-4 road team no matter who they are playing.