[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Kenny Watson have a shot to continue starting?

tonyr0802

According to the Bengals beat writer he may have a chance. I know it's a reporter and not a team official, but where there's smoke...

Link

Bengals beat writer Chuck Ludwig believes Kenny Watson could be the team's starting running back for the rest of the season.

Rudi Johnson missed practice again Wednesday due to lingering soreness in his hamstring. Watson's better all-around game might make him the favorite to carry the load for Cincinnati during the second half of the season.

Link

Plagued by lingering soreness from a hamstring injury suffered in Week 3 at Seattle, Rudi Johnson's starting job is in jeopardy because of Kenny Watson's emergence. Watson isn't as thick around the waist and hips as Johnson, but Watson is quicker and faster, and possesses shiftier moves. A disciplined diet helped Johnson lose weight in the offseason, but his durability is a nagging issue that won't go away. Watson has the toughness to run between the tackles, the speed to get outside and he's a more fluid receiver out of the backfield than Johnson.

According to the Bengals beat writer he may have a chance. I know it's a reporter and not a team official, but where there's smoke...

Link

Link

The Bengals just moved their injury report for today. The big news is right tackle Willie Anderson is listed as out with a knee injury. Anderson missed the Kansas City game Oct. 14. Stacy Andrews started at right tackle against the Chiefs and is expected to make the start Sunday against the Steelers.

OUT

OT Willie Anderson, knee

LB Ahmad Brooks, groin

DID NOT PARTICIPATE IN PRACTICE

S Dexter Jackson, hip

HB Rudi Johnson, hamstring

LB Caleb Miller, back

LIMITED IN PRACTICE

WR Antonio Chatman, hamstring

LB Corey Mays, hamstring

I want to hope the same thing, but every week he's off, Watson has the opportunity to be "on'. If Rudi's not ready for week 9, put a fork in him...

We're going to learn a lot about Watson this Sunday. If he's able to do everything he's asked to do to keep the chains moving against a very tough defense (which is something Rudi has been able to do in the past), I think he keeps the job. If not, then I agree with the earlier comment that we're probably looking at a RBBC going forward.

It's make or break time.