[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

ACC Hoops- Welcome to Tobacco Road

PantherDave

The ACC just seems right this year, as the journey through Tobacco Road is now as it once was, the most difficult for the entire conference, and the epicenter for the ACC. Those intangibles that were missing several years ago are now back, as I'll break down- so, Welcome to Tobacco Road.

The North Carolina Tarheels

Face it, we all know it, the Heels are loaded and should be getting all the praise they should. I was born on Tobacco Road in 1967. I watched Norm Sloan's Wolf Pack Clubs of the early 70's.....Sloan and a still young Dean Smith. The Tarheels under Smith were always deep, talented and extremely well coached. The intangible Carolina had under Smith and lost until Roy took over is back, and the Heels have been ever since with a NCAA Championship and a long sought ACC Championship. The Heels are the top dog once again and should make a Final Four run. The Heels will be very tough to beat in Chapel Hill, enjoy your stay at the Dean E Smith Center, Tobacco Road, NC.

The Wolf Pack of NC State

As I eluded above, the "Intangible" of this team vanished when the V era ended and the team got hit with sanctions and probation. Even under a headsy Sendeck, there was something missing, but respectability was somewhat restored. Bring in a man at first I balked on in Lowe, and I was dead wrong. A player recruited by Norm Sloan and coached by Jim Valvano took over, a player who is still considered one of the ACC all time greats-Sidney Lowe. The emotion he shows as a coach trancends to the floor and to his players...he's done it out there on Tobacco Road. The Wolf Pack will nail down a return to the NCAA's and I expect a deep March run, as they have gone from talented and thin to even more talented and deep. The Wolf Pack will be a force in Raleigh this year and a very hard W, welcome to the RBC Center, Tobacco Road, NC.

The Duke Blue Devils

Coach K will do one of his better jobs this year with 4 potential freshmen expecting to step up big for K. I see the Devils around 4th this year possible 3rd, either way I say they "duke" it out with the Terrapins for the 3 or 4 spot. The Devils will still be tough in Durham and Coach K will get the young kids to play, as he seems to be one of the best at getting them to play well early, and with K, it' a factor. Cameron will be Cameron, and that venue can get...ya know CRAZY in there and it will get the Devils to play with alot of energy. The Devils I don't think lost the much with McRoberts leaving early, as he could not take the task master K's ways. Somone will step up for the Devils..Slingler? The Devils will defend Cameron with a vengence and be hard to dispatch on K court, excuse us for all the NOISE, welcome to Cameron Indoor Stadium, Tobacco Road, NC.

The Wake Forest Demon Deacons

I don't know how the passing of Coach Prosser will effect the teams play this year, but I expect they will respond positively for their new coach Dino Gaudio. This will be the one spot on Tobacco Road where a win may be the easiest, although with some good returning players such as water bug Ishamel Smith and touted freshmen James Johnson on the wing. Through in a solid 2 gaurd in Harvey Hale and 7' in the paint Chas Farland-and Wake should be able to put up a fight in WInston Salem. It's no cake-walk in Lawrence-Joel Coliseum, Tobacco Road, NC.

Looking Forward to it People-ACC Hoops 2007-2008

Ah yes, Tobacco Rd., The toughest stretch of road in College Basket Ball....and one of the of the many roads to the Final Four. They say if you can make it hear.....you can make it anywhere. I know at least 10 National Champions reside on Tobacco Rd., and another may be on it's way. I agree with Billay and PD-Heels will be there, but there could be spirits in the air around a team that is just after one season-is deep and has one of the most explosive big man in this years freshmen class. This is the 25th anny of V's and Lowe's march to the Final Four and Natl Championship of 83. The Wolf Pack Nation is pumped and primed for a break-out year, as the Pack will quickly move into the top 10 this year. They will push the Heels in ACC play having already beaten the Heels last year in Raleigh with a fsr weaker team and no true point gaurd. The Pack is for real this year folks and if bracketology is kind......could be with the Heels in the FF once the roads meet, but they'll both start out on Tobacco Rd.