[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Trade opinions

topher73

I was wondering what anyone thought about the following proposals I have out there and which way you think would be the best to go. Our scoring is the typical scoring, but we do receive points per reception. I have the 2nd best record, but am hurting at WR. My current roster is:

QB: D Anderson, J Garcia

RB: Bush, Portis, Lynch, S. Young

WR: C Johnson, I. Hilliard, J. Jones

TE: Scheftler, Heap

K: Does it matter?!?!

I'm looking to make my WR core better (minimum is 2 WRs to start, run-n-shoot would give me 3). I have offered Lynch or Portis (would rather get rid of Lynch) for #1 Larry Fitzgerald one team), #2 Steve Smith, #3 Donald Driver (could also try to have J. Walker packaged!even though I had to drop him!) (this is from the team who has the best overall record), this is basically the way I would go. The way I see it I have 3 starting RBs, and most likely 4 after this weekend, so I can get something in return for one of them~the trade deadline is Friday...

Thoughts?

Thanks for the thoughts, I think I am going to go with a trade for Fitzgerald and give him Lynch. Someone came to me tonight with Driver/Calvin Johnson for Lynch, any further thoughts on that one?

I would rather give up Portis than Lynch, but I think Fitzgerald is a great fit for what you're trying to accomplish with your WR corps.

He doesn't get the receptions Portis gets though.

Portis has 8 more catches with about 60 more yards, that's one extra reception a game and a little over 7 yards per game, not a big deal IMO. Bonus, Lynch has no fumbles!

Edited by Piranha-z

True, thanks for pointing that out...they seem pretty even, just who I like better...as far as the trade, (Lynch or Portis) for Ftiz, or with another team Portis for Driver and Calvin Johnson. What do you think about that?

Personally, I would try and trade Portis for Fitz first and see if he bites. You will be happier with Lynch around playoff time.

I kinda like the Portis for Johnson and Driver too. Driver will come around and play like he should be. I think either one will help you out.

I have James Jones, so not sure if I want to go that way. I agree with the possible upside of Driver and Johnson has been ok, but this is the #1 team in the league and I'm the #2, I don't want to give him something and then end up hurt in return. The guy who has Fitz is in the bottom half right now and I like that Warner is throwing to him and I thinkBoldin will get double coverage leaving Fitz with better opportunities, do you agree?

I have James Jones, so not sure if I want to go that way. I agree with the possible upside of Driver and Johnson has been ok, but this is the #1 team in the league and I'm the #2, I don't want to give him something and then end up hurt in return. The guy who has Fitz is in the bottom half right now and I like that Warner is throwing to him and I thinkBoldin will get double coverage leaving Fitz with better opportunities, do you agree?

Possibly. One thing to consider is that Boldin and Fitz are almost tied (6 point differential) for fantasy points (in PPR league) and Boldin has missed some games. Fitz get's more receptions but Boldin get's the scores.

I'm wondering if you can't get a little better WR for Portis. What else is out there??? Fish around a little.

Good luck.

Edited by Piranha-z

Thanks, I will, but the deadline is this Friday! My roster again is:

QB:

Anderson, Garcia

RB:

Bush, Portis, Lynch, S. Young

WR:

Chad Johnson, Hilliard, James Jones

TE:

Schettler, Heap

K:

Stover, Elam

The only offers have been:

Lynch or Portis for Larry Fitz

Portis for Steve Smith*

Portis for Driver and Calvin Johnson*

*Both of these are with the #1 team. I could try for a Driver/Walker trade for Portis, upside, but want certainties for a #2 receiver.....