[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

KC Running Back? HELP!

The Hurtings

As a Larry Johnson Owner, the question looms who is the right free agent to pick up this week?

Priest Holmes or Kolby Smith???

According to the Huddle, Kolby Smith has the more productive day vs. the Denver Broncos in week 10.

Who is the long term solution of LJ is out more than one week?

Larry Johnson - RB, Kansas City Chiefs 11/7/2007

According to MYFOX31 in Denver, Kansas City running back Larry Johnson could miss the rest of the season with what appears to be a broken bone in his foot. The original diagnosis was that Johnson had a mid-foot sprain but additional tests performed indicated that the running back suffered a more serious injury and possibly fractured his foot. Johnson will undergo a second opinion and an official statement could be forthcoming as early as Wednesday.

Huddle Up: This would be devastating news to fantasy owners and the Kansas City Chiefs as Johnson would leave a big void in the Kansas City offense if he is indeed lost. RB Preist Holmes, who is returning from a career threatening neck injury, will become the starter for K.C. if Johnson is out. Also, look for the Chiefs to use rookie RB Kolby Smith with Holmes in a split carry format to limit the number of touches Holmes gets.

Who would you pickup via free agency?

Any Help out there?

Personally, even before hearing that Kolby Smith would likely see a lot of action, I believed that Kolby Smith would get the most carries. Everyone in my league was jumping all over Priest. I had the last waiver pick and took Kolby Smith, I may actually start him this week. Priest is 34 people. He hasn't played in 2 years. He won't be the stud he was 2 years ago. He'll show flashes, but he can't carry the ball 20 times a game like before. Rarely in the NFL do backs over 31 years old have productive seasons. He's 34 and hasn't played for a while now.

I think Priest starts, but tires early and Kolby Smith gets at least half of the action. Most likely Smith see's all of the 3rd down plays and then half of the 1st and 2nd down plays in the game. With Huard stinking it up and Bailey in the secondary for the Broncos, the Chiefs will try to run the ball first.

If Larry is out for more than 3 or 4 weeks, I look for Kolby Smith to take 2/3rds of the carries in a few weeks. The Chiefs were high on Smith going into the draft. And they did trade away Bennett, a proven NFL RB who was playing well this year. I think Kolby Smith was more of the reason for that trade than a 34 year old Priest Holmes. I'm a KC resident and Chiefs fan.

Our league uses a "Silent Bid" waiver wire approach each week.

each owner starts with $1000 cap and has to manage thier $$$ throughout the season.

My roster (18)

QB (start 2) - Andersen, Kitna, Garcia

RB (start 2or3) - AP, Henry, S Young, LJ, Chatman, Betts

WR (start 3or4) - RoWilliams, Galloway, Evans, Chambers, Holmes, Curtis,

K (start 1) - Folk

DEF (start 1) - Steelers and Ravens

Would you bid / attempt to pickup one or all of the following:

1) Priest Holmes

2) Kolby Smith

3) Fargas

I would need to drop from the roster above

1) Betts