[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Veteran's Day

Capt Skinman

Viet era vet here, USAF, but did not serve in country.... did fly over that stinkin place though.... on a transport. That was enough for me. One complaint.... is that I think any vet, working for ANY company should get the day off. It's our day... to remember those we served with, and to think about the 4 (or more ) years we did serve. Memorial day is when I tend to think about firends and family I've lost from wars, but vets day, that;s for those who lived.

I've thought the same thing many times.

USMC '72-'76. Vietnam '72-'73 (there when the treaty was signed) with 2/9 and the 1st MAW.

Edited by The Holy Roller

active (besides yourself): Thunder Chicken, Swiss Cheezhead, Robash, kryptonite, Seahawk37

vets: Ursa Majoris (son serving in Iraq), clubfoothead, skylive5, Demon Knight, McNasty, I Like Soup, REZ, TheGrunt, Holy Roller, SuperBalla, Jackshi17, cliaz, Retrograde Assault, The Misfit, Skrappy1, DO Jaded, Voltaire, IrishPride, ghengis_chan, bigrocks, BeeR, CSEStreet, slambo, SuperCharger, Vatican Hitsquad, JoJoTheWebToedBoy, BearcatGreg, Hugh B Tool, nuke'em ttg, Rovers

(preliminary list, more to be added)

This list is still incomplete. Never thought I'd ever be able to say that to you :D

I would like to say THANK YOU. I always make it a point whenever I see a uniformed serviceman to walk up and say thank you and shake their hand. It is something my grandfather started me doing along time ago and I find that the gesture is greatly appreciated. I have great respect for the men and women of our military past and present. :D:wacko::D

Thanks and you're welcome.

I have served faithfully and proud of my service, but I work (AFRES) for JFCOM Special Ops unit and these guys are giving me new-found respect for what they do (repeat they do.......I support them, belong to the unit, but I could never do what they do. jeebus).

JJ, where'd you serve?

Sheppard

Little Rock

George

Rhein Main

Luke

Davis-Monthan

:D Hopefully you liked those places better than I did. Stationed/visited most and didn't hear great stuff about the rest (GE notwithstanding).

Da Nang

Hey - were you Agent Orange?