[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer Help Needed

theprofessor

My son was burning some music today using Limewire and when he got done the toolbar (start button, etc) that is normally on the bottom of the screen is now at the top of the screen? I tried to click and drag it to the bottom of the page to no avail. I went in to use system restore to restore my computer to an earlier date but each time I did it gave me an error message at the end saying that it could not restore my computer to the date I specified (I chose 5 different dates)?

Limewire will not be used on my computer in the future because almost every time he uses it there's a problem with the computer.

Can someone tell me how to fix this? Thanks!

you should be able to grab a neutral part of the toolbar and drag it to the top/bottom or either side of the screen. i just did it with mine ... (running XP).

eta: if you right click on the taskbar, you can also lock it so that it can't be moved in the future ...

Edited by tonorator

you should be able to grab a neutral part of the toolbar and drag it to the top/bottom or either side of the screen. i just did it with mine ... (running XP).

eta: if you right click on the taskbar, you can also lock it so that it can't be moved in the future ...

Good info.

Plus, Limewire had nothing to do w/ it. Your son probably just clicked the taskbar and moved the mouse simultaneously.

The taskbar is unlocked but I can only drag it about 1/3 way down the page. It won't go any further? Any other suggestions?

i think you are grabbing it in the wrong place. if you grab the boundary of the toolbar, dragging it makes the toolbar bigger, but doesn't move it around independently on the screen. if you grab it in the space where your apps show up (in a spot where there is dead space), you should be able to move the whole thing ...

hoping it helps.

i think you are grabbing it in the wrong place. if you grab the boundary of the toolbar, dragging it makes the toolbar bigger, but doesn't move it around independently on the screen. if you grab it in the space where your apps show up (in a spot where there is dead space), you should be able to move the whole thing ...

hoping it helps.

That did it. Thanks. I owe you.

I'm on the email list for eWeek and they send out daily news blurbs about the tech industry. They also send out weekly emails highlighting some recommended downloads. This weeks email included Limewire as it's featured download. I found this rather strange given the reputation for spyware that this program has.

Keep limewire off every pc you own.

Make sure and run virus scan at this point.

+1

Do not ever install any of those "file sharing" programs on your computer(s). I suggest you remove them ASAP if you have any of them installed. They are full of spyware and are an invitation for all kinds of viruses, etc.

Keep limewire off every pc you own.

Make sure and run virus scan at this point.

If you have a local firewall, both hardware and software, then you will be fine. You should still be running virus software regardless of what other activities you partake in.

I am a very cautious downloader of anything on my computer as I like to keep it real nice and clean. I have used Limewire in the past, and I had a firewall, anti-spyware program, and anti-virus program,...and never once had a problem. Just FYI.