[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Packer injuries

Randall

From McCarthy's press conference

(Will Cole be out for an extended period of time?)

I really haven't talked the specifics about Colin. He won't play this week, I do know that for sure. It was a shame. He was playing very well in the game. He had the one series where he had a string of plays he made consecutively. But the time frame and all that hasn't been set yet.

(Is Woodson's injury classic turf toe?)

Pat didn't describe it that way. There's a lot of swelling. There's history of an injury there in the past, so those are the things he has to work through. We'll have a lot better diagnosis as the week goes on. Charles is in there right now getting treatment, and he just has to get the swelling out of there right now.

(Did he have an x-ray at all?)

Not that I'm aware of.

(Kabeer's injury looked pretty nasty. Any idea there?)

The tests are going on right now, just like I've stated. It did not look good on film, just like you've stated, and it's both the knee and the ankle. He's very flexible, and I'm hopeful he was able to save himself from being in a bad position.

(With Pickett?)

Re-occurence. It's the exact same injury he had before, the back of the knee.

(There's a lot of injuries but you're back on the 7-day week. How do you go through it?)

We're in a normal seven-day plan. Today is a Monday as far as our scheduling. It's Victory Monday for the players. Tomorrow will be a game-plan day. Sunday will be a Wednesday. We will have some practice adjustments, there's no doubt about it. Our injury list is extensive. It will probably be similar to our Wednesday format two weeks ago, and then we'll see. I'll have a better idea after Sunday's practice what we'll be able to get done on Monday.

(Is Harrell well enough to get back in the mix?)

I think so. It was a short week last week of practice, but we're going to need him this week.

(How about Collins?)

Nick will be close. Nick and Bubba Franks will be close. Will Blackmon has a chance.

(How did Rouse hurt his knee?)

He came in on the finish of a tackle, it was awkward. He tried to go the series after the half, and he was unable to go. Just kind of stepped in there awkward on finishing a tackle.

(Is that unusual for a rookie to have the confidence to jump a route like that?)

I think Aaron is clearly instinctive. It was a big play, in my view maybe the biggest play in the game. Because it gave the offense a chance to go down there and score, and we're winning 7-6 and really didn't do anything on offense to that point. That play there really turned things around. It was just a good read by him, the route recognition, and he has good ball skills, he's exhibited that, and he was able to finish the return on the interception. Huge play in the game.

(Do you have a decision to make if both he and Collins can go, or is Collins your starter?)

That's something that we'll take the week in practice. Those decisions, the baseline will be more medical than anything. From a production standpoint, Nick Collins is our starting safety, and will be so as we move on. But I'm very pleased with the way Aaron has played. But those are more medical decisions.

I'm hoping that, since there was no mention of Driver, that he is OK? :D

They said he had a slight ankle sprain but didn't comment further on it. He should be OK.

Plus this-

(Driver had a big game but hasn't been in the end zone since Sept. 23. Are you impressed with his unselfishness?)

Donald is still our leading receiver. He's still a big part of every game plan that we put in. I won't speak for him, but I think he clearly realizes the importance to this football team and to our offense as a playmaker but even moreso as a leader on our football team. I think Donald Driver is the ultimate pro. He plays when he's hurt. He practices all the time. He's an excellent example for a young football player. He's earned everything he's been able to achieve in this league. He remembers where he started. I think he's an excellent example for our football team, like I've already stated, but I don't see it being a problem. Touchdowns sometimes come in bunches, sometimes they don't. But when he has the ball in his hands, ... I thought he was playing at a totally different level than anybody on the field yesterday, and probably should have gotten the ball more.

Packers Re-Sign Free Agent S Underwood, Place DT Cole On IR

NFL.com -

The Green Bay Packers announced on Sunday that they have signed free agent safety Marviel Underwood to a contract. Terms of the agreement were not disclosed. To clear a roster space, the team also placed defensive tackle Colin Cole on season-ending injured reserve.

UPDATE:

By Greg A. Bedard

Tuesday, Nov 27 2007, 01:30 PM

Green Bay - Mike McCarthy shed a little more light on the injuries today.

If status had to be listed, CB Charles Woodson (toe) would be listed as questionable after he went through jog-throughs. "We're going to give him every opportunity (to play)," McCarthy said. "He's pretty around the clock in the training room. He's improving. He's dealt with this injury before. He's making progress;"

DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (left ankle/knee) went through a rehab workout today so he might have to go a little further to play as opposed to Woodson. But McCarthy said both would be given the full amount of time to recover. They will be game-time decisions; KGB himself said that he will play.

RT Mark Tauscher (ankle) made a brief appearance at practice but looks ready to play. "He's better this week than he was last week at this time," McCarthy said;

Nick Collins (knee) will start at free safety. "I would say Nick Collins will be starting. He's had a very good week of pratice," McCarthy said.

Aaron Rouse (knee) was only able to do a rehab workout today;

LB Tracy White (ankle) likely won't play;

CB Will Blackmon (foot) has "a chance to play" according to McCarthy;

TE Bubba Franks (ankle) had a setback at the end of Monday's practice and it appears Franks likely won't be ready to go for at least another week;

RB Ryan Grant (rib) is good to go.

Collins is a definite start. It seems like Woodson and KGB have decent shots at playing (at least if you ask them and not MM). Overall I think this is good news. :D

Edited by budlitebrad

UPDATE:

Collins is a definite start. It seems like Woodson and KGB have decent shots at playing (at least if you ask them and not MM). Overall I think this is good news. :D

Gbaja-Biamila says he'll play; Woodson 'questionable'

If he had to make a designation, coach Mike McCarthy said he would list cornerback Charles Woodson and end Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila as questionable for Thursday's game against Dallas.

Woodson (toe) and Gbaja-Biamila (ankle) both were listed as limited participation on the week's first injury report, even though Woodson wasn't at the portion of practice that was open to reporters and KGB only went through a rehab workout on the side.

McCarthy said Woodson, who wasn't in the locker room this afternoon, completed the jog-through portion of practice, is improving and will be one of several game-time decisions. Gbaja-Biamila said he expects to play.

"It feels good," said Gbaja-Biamila, whose right leg was bent under him in an ugly collision Thursday at Detroit. "We're going just to take it day by day and everything. It's a coach's call, but I feel good. I'm ready to play. I think that when I'm out there, I'm going to be ready to go 100 percent. ... It's a big game, and I want to be in it."

Meanwhile, tight end Bubba Franks suffered a setback with his knee injury and almost certainly won't play.

"He felt something" on the last play of Monday's practice, McCarthy said. "It didn't feel very good this morning, so we rehabbed him all day today."

Of the 11 players on the Packers injury report, only defensive tackle Johnny Jolly (shoulder) is listed as out and only Franks did not participate in any part of practice today.

Receiver Ruvell Martin (ankle), safety Aaron Rouse (knee), tackle Mark Tauscher (ankle) and linebacker Tracy White (ankle) were listed as limited. Cornerback Will Blackmon (foot), safety Nick Collins (knee) and running back Ryan Grant (rib) were full participants.

"I'm holding up very well," said Collins, who has missed the Packers' past three games. "This week, I went out there just to take my time to get the feel of everything, and it worked out well. Today, I was out there moving real great."

McCarthy said Tauscher is better this week than last, which means he'll probably play. He also said Blackmon, sidelined since early October, looks ready to play.

UPDATE: Dallas listed three receivers on its injury report -- Terry Glenn (knee), Patrick Crayton (anke) and Anthony Henry (ankle). Glenn, the former Packer, hasn't played this season and is out. Crayton and Henry were full participants in practice today.