[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HD troubles thru cable service

Mark5

Does anybody else have those reception hiccups when watching in HD? The digital squares show up, you lose audio for a few seconds then it does it again about every 20 seconds. I have the gold plated cables and this wasn't really a problem till about 3 weeks ago. I've re-hooked up the cables and I'm thinking it may end up being my cable DVR box because I have had to reboot (totally unplug the DVR) BECAUSE MY PAUSE and such wouldn't work right starting about a month ago.

Is this just something you have to put up with watching in HD?

Does anybody else have those reception hiccups when watching in HD? The digital squares show up, you lose audio for a few seconds then it does it again about every 20 seconds. I have the gold plated cables and this wasn't really a problem till about 3 weeks ago. I've re-hooked up the cables and I'm thinking it may end up being my cable DVR box because I have had to reboot (totally unplug the DVR) BECAUSE MY PAUSE and such wouldn't work right starting about a month ago.

Is this just something you have to put up with watching in HD?

I dont know a lot about this, but (depending on the cabling in your home) an amplifier on the signal running through your walls to the jack might help. I recently had some symptoms similar to what you are describing and that is what the tech from Comcast did for me.

Sounds like strength of signal issue to me as I've had a similar problem. Ask your neighbors if they are having problems too.

I'd have the cable company out to check the wires and signal strength.

For my problem, Time Warner ended up replacing a large stretch of wire out at the poles that squirrels most likely damaged.

Edited by The Irish Doggy