[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Sean Taylor's Death Far More Tragic

Cowboyz1

This is NOT and I repeat NOT an thread to instigate a race war or bitter fighting. It is to explain a point of view that is hardly noticed or mentioned in main stream media. It is my feelings on what, how and why a young Black man like Sean Taylor can be gun down in his own home and die while being one of the best at his positions in the game.

First off, let me start by telling you this. There is no way, NO WAY, Sean Taylor should be dead right now. He was the best FS, I have seen in some time and was only getting better. Yet he is allowed to go to a Miami home that has been reported ROBBED twice in the past month. Does that make any sense to anyone? Why, Why would the team let him go there without security. What, they didn't know? Why didn't the City protect him? Or maybe they figured "he's use to that sort of lifestyle and knows how to protect himself".

More importantly, why won't Minorities let guys go when they want to succeed and no longer be a part of the gangsta mentality? IF and at this point we only have IF to work with, he had turned his life around, why the hell don't we as Black Men support a guy like that. I'll tell you why, because the value of a Black or Minorities life is low in both the minds of the Minority and the Majority. How else can a guy with that much talent and that much going good be dead because of a "robbery". You don't see this sort of stuff happening to white athletes. Why? For one, they don't put themselves in harms way, while high profile Black athletes seem to revel in it. Two, the structure of our society protects high profile whites because of their valuable ability to inspire others. Hint, hint..we need more Sean Taylors, if in fact he had turned a new leaf, alive not dead at 24. That's tragic.

Now this is why Sean Taylor's death is so much more tragic then we see. The ripple effect is enormous. Firstly, the family, devastated. The Wife, another single black mom of a lone fatherless black child broken hearted that her beloved is lost forever. I suspect Sean probably being the first in generations to succeed to this level economically in his entire extended family, no longer is around to produce income for the Taylor family tree. Quite possibly, in all their turmoil and lack of money management skills or concentration or focus because of his death, end the prosperity of that entire family’s future. The whole family had pride of success that a kid with troubled past could make it out. His cousins, nephews, aunts, uncles, all could say "hey, hang in there, you can make it too" and probably have. Those few family members on the edge fall off. Why try? Lesson, better keep my thug buddies happy or they may kill me. Never ever leave the crew! Don’t forget where you came from! Keep your hand in it or they will think you’re soft. Message send loud and clear, must stay strong and dirty. The alternative is jail himself in his own home from his own kind. Payoff or pay with your life. You can bet you have an entire male generation of Black Taylors looking to go hunting the Black Man (an assumption) who killed their brother. Now how's that for a vicious cycle!

Now, I am assuming this was a Minority on Minority thing which is a pretty safe assumption which in it's self is tragic. My thinking that way only reinforces what we already know. Blacks kill other Blacks for no other apparent reason, but money, power, or oddly enough respect? If the perp turns up white, I would be astonished and oddly enough would get taken care of in prison in both senses of the word.

I find it horrifically heartrenching that Black athletes fight for the very thing that's killing them, Street Cred. I mean DAMN IT come on fellas, you’re dieing for something that you have to get away from anyhow in order to succeed. Sean Taylor's death says this also, no matter how rich you are, or how far you've come, or how hard you try to go right, your still a Black man with Black friends, which means you have the right to be shot because the only respect you've earned for all your hard work is the bullet flys in the dark rather then broad daylight.

Respect; which brings me to my final thought. This town knows Sean Taylor's house, they know it was robbed and still they let him and his family come home to that house and get shot. He hadn't earned enough respect amongst his peers, neighbors, town, police department, city government, or Redskins Organization, to be protected from some crack head breaking into his house while he slept. Moreover, neither did his wife or young daughter get thought of in a respectful way. What's wrong with this picture, what mindset allows a man to bring his family and child to a home that was ROBBED twice? What kind of neighbors are around? You name the last white athlete that was shot in his own home?

You know this whole thing stinks. Maybe the "Chickens came home to roost", maybe it was a robbery gone bad, maybe wrong place wrong time. In any case, it's tragic to him, his family, the Redskins, that city, and this country. Because whatever happened, and for what ever reason, shouldn't have. The fact that it has, AGAIN, pisses me off and the Fact that it will continue to happen as a result rather then the other way around troubles the hell out of me. You see, instead of these preventing guys like Pac Man, Henry, and Vicks's of the world to alienate them selves from trouble, they will get closer to it so as to be keep the hoodlums happy. Keep your friends close but your enemies closer so to speak.

Sean Taylor, dead at 24 probably because he wouldn't give his stuff away or just wanted to be alone or just wanted out, or couldn't stay away, or payback, or just because.

Any way you look at it, another promise of possibilities for yet another Black family, friends, teammates, and fans, ends in tragedy for what will undoubtedly boil down to a stereo system, ATV or a bag of Josh Gordon.

Another tragic ending to the same old story of a Black family buried in pain and anger losing hope for a future. Now that's Tragic.

God be with you Taylors, friends and family.

Thanks for letting me vent guys!