[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How Serious is Addai Neck Injury?

splotchman

Per Huddle today:

Joseph Addai - RB, Indianapolis Colts 11/28/2007

Starting running back Joseph Addai sustained an apparent neck injury in the Colts week 12 game against the Atlanta Falcons.

Huddle Up: The extent of the injury is not currently known but Indianapolis did re-sign RB Luke Lawton to the roster after he was released earlier in the season by the club. It appears that the Colts may be hedging their bets so the injury to Addai could be more serious than expected. Check back throughout the week for updates before starting Addai in Week 13.

Any Colts Homers have any news on how serios this injury is? I know Addai returned to the game and did well, but just curious if any Colts Homers feel Keith will have his value spike in the next few weeks. Thoughts?

I have nothing concrete to base this on, but perhaps it's only a precautionary measure. I think I remember hearing last Thursday during the game that the Colts were one of only a handful of teams that only carried two running backs on the roster. Addai and Keith have both been dinged up this season. It doesn't hurt to have an extra guy just in case.

I thought the RB move was made because they had a spot to fill after releasing Rice?

That might have allowed them to make the move, but they could have went in any number of directions but chose RB. I think the fact they went this way is one of the reasons for some of the speculation.