[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HR ONLY: Just lost Griffey. Trade for Giles?

msaint

Well, Junior has crapped out on me (ironically on the day he hits his first dinger frown.gif ), and he's turned out to be more risk than reward in the first 2 weeks of the season. Granted, it's early and he COULD be back in May, but 'til then, my team must go on. So....do I do this deal?

I get: B.Giles

I give: Dye and Ensberg

Reasoning: Giles is at least a +10 HR upgrade over Dye, and Ensberg is a big ??, especially as a rookie in Jimy's crazy carnival starting lineup funhouse. He has the potential to hit 25, sure, but it's a risk and 18 is more likely. So, I essentially replace Dye with Giles and start someone from my bench (Ch.Johnson, Olerud, Toronto rookie Hinske) who could easily match/top Ensberg's production, and overal I think I win out on this one. Plus, Dye isn't back for another 2 weeks or so....Thoughts?

good point clubfoothead, and I thought of that, but I think everyone in my league would be wary of dealing for Griff. It's a fairly smart group. I think I'm going to try anyway, however. I think Junior's done, but even if he's not I think we're looking at another 20 HR season, tops. I may try to package Griff and someone else for a bigger stud, and get rid of him while there's still hope that he might be back in May. Again, even if he does come back, I'd like to pass that headache onto someone else....but about the Ensberg deal, would you do it? I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger.

I haven't see anything on Ensberg, but just looking at his career stats I see 0 HR and 33 from Dye two years ago and 13 last year. Giles had 37 HR two years ago and 35 last year. I'd probably do it but I assume you drafted Ensberg, (who I know nothing about) for some reason. Do you see a big season out of him? Basically I'd make that trade based on the stats I've seen. I am no fantasy baseball stud however.