[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Torii Hunter

Roy

Is Hunter for real this year? Or can we expect a death spiral soon. Reading stuff that suggests to trade him away while hot ... should I try? Hasn't batted above .280 last three years, 96 RBI last year ... did he switch something, or lucky right now?

I'm in the same boat, though it's a HR only league. Everything I've read says trade him now while he's on fire, but every time I start to put a trade package together to deal him he hits one out. He had 27 HRs last year before he officially "arrived" so this year seems to be his REAL coming out party. He's slugging a good 200 points above his career average, everything's clicking right now, but the cautious owner in me says he's gotta cool down. Then again, last year was the first time he got over 500 ABs and he had a very good year (though the average was lower than we'd like), so with 600+ he could be great. I'm expecting final numbers of .290/.300 -30/35 HRs-110/120 RBI. Can you tell I'm as confused as you are in terms of what to do with this guy? :confused:

For my HR-only league a guy who hits 30-35 is solid, especially considering I stole him with a 7th round pick. But in your shoes ROY it depends who you could get for him and what your team needs (average, runs, steals, HRs, whatever). For what it's worth, in my situation unless I get a great offer package for him I'm going to hold onto him and keep his 30+ HRs.

Considering your tag line (From statement) I will have to discount what you said! :D Anyway, I am only selectively shopping him - but considering it for the right offer. I agree that he will have a great year ... but in a roto league I worry about BA, and to go from the .360 now to .290/.300 ... there is a drought there somewhere.

But, still could be a break out year, and unless I get a great offer, I think I will keep him.