[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Mark Prior Watch...

Guest FlyPattern

Guest FlyPattern

I am tempted to grab this guy if I am able to. My league claim procedure is basically first to see name on FA board can get him. So, Prior is not listed yet.

If I see it should I drop one of these guys? And my staff is the best in my league...

Pedro, Buehrle, Odalis, Padilla, Dempster, Chan Ho and Zito. My "hold" accumulator is Minny's Mike Jackson. My closers are Mariano, Koch and Gagne.

I am trying to deal two players for one to clear room. No luck yet.

Sounded like Baylor "may" not call him up this week, after all. But they just called up Hill right after saying it may be a while ... so who do you believe. Sounds like a good prospect, with a little risk. Are you looking for Wins only, or overall stats (isn't he a strike out guy?), but with the Cubbies situation, may not get a lot of wins? Don't know. Gee, that is helpful! :D

Guest FlyPattern

Thanks Roy!!

I have recently read that he gets one more start in AAA. Heck, he's ripping it up there so the Cubs say why not just call him up.

I would want him as trade bait. I'll own him for three starts and if he is Golden then I'll trade him for a Glaus or Berkman. But if I am not the guy to claim him then I'll still be OK. There's always Jake Peavey and that Phillie kid.

I think I would drop Dempster. You don't really need him, so Prior is worth the risk. If he comes up and has 3 good starts, he will have a lot more value than Dempster. Even if he just does ok, his value will be at least equal to Dempster. So, go for it.

Guest FlyPattern

Dempster is on a better team than the Cubs. He strikes out lots of guys and has great stuff. Won 3 of his last three and Ked 16 in last two.

Oh well...I am now waiting for Mark's name to appear. Hopefully it'll happen while I am not at work.

Guest dsrm

Hey Pratts...

I guess it's a given that you'll be picking up Prior.

I think he is going to be like Mussina.

Maybe not this year, but he seems like a total stud. The Cubbies are lucky to have him.