[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Direct TV question

gbpfan1231

I have DirecTV with the new 5 LNB dish and all of a sudden some of my HD channels don't come in. Some do some don't. The one I miss most is NFL Network but Big Ten Network does not work either.

I called and spent 30 minutes on the phone and they say it is something with my connection and they need to send a service guy and by the way charge me $70.

Anyone come across this and have a solution???

By the way - Merry Xmas everyone!!!

You shouldn't have to pay anything. I have/had the same problem and Directv is sending me a new HDDVR. The problem is the HDDVR's that they sell/lease to you are complete garbage...

Not sure if it is the same problem. I have two HD tv's and one has a DVR and the other does not. I am having the problem with both TV's.

Tell them to stick their $70. I had the guy come out ( for free) and he told me it's an issue with the satellite because of all the new programming. My receivers were both at 97 plus signal strength, and both receivers were still having trouble pulling in all the channels. He said he was told it would be corrected, but probably not until after the first of the year.

So according to him it's the satellite putting out low signal strength on some of the new HD channels, not a reception problem on your end.