[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Computer Question

Scare Tactics

So some1 was telling me that win xp pro holds 20% of ur internet speed back to use for updates and so on. So i read up online, and it says a few steps you can do to free up that 20% and speed up ur internet. Anyone know anything about this, does it work, is it safe?

But aside from that here is the problem... It says to click start then run ect. ect. ect.

When i click on start, as silly as it sounds, there is no "Run" anywhere. Im pretty sure it used to be there, becuase i think ive used it before, but its not there. Anyone know why this is, or how to get it back or fix this problem?

Thanks

So some1 was telling me that win xp pro holds 20% of ur internet speed back to use for updates and so on. So i read up online, and it says a few steps you can do to free up that 20% and speed up ur internet. Anyone know anything about this, does it work, is it safe?

But aside from that here is the problem... It says to click start then run ect. ect. ect.

When i click on start, as silly as it sounds, there is no "Run" anywhere. Im pretty sure it used to be there, becuase i think ive used it before, but its not there. Anyone know why this is, or how to get it back or fix this problem?

Thanks

Run should be the last entry on the right hand column. If you can't find it you can always type any command at a DOS prompt instead of in the Run window. You can also find the Run command on the Windows Task Manager. On the Applications tab, the button labeled New Task is the same as the Run command from the Start menu.

I know nothing about this hack your attempting. That doesn't mean it isn't worth trying, I just know nothing about it.

Run should be the last entry on the right hand column. If you can't find it you can always type any command at a DOS prompt instead of in the Run window. You can also find the Run command on the Windows Task Manager. On the Applications tab, the button labeled New Task is the same as the Run command from the Start menu.

I know nothing about this hack your attempting. That doesn't mean it isn't worth trying, I just know nothing about it.

Well i found something that let me switch to classic start bar view, and with that i now have the run option.

As for the 20% thing, this is the website i am reading it off of, but if u search it, the same thing is said on various websites, not sure if it works though

LINK

Go here first> http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

Write down the #'s

Do the other thing if you want and try again, but my #'s are:

6332 KBPS Download

AND

1940 KBPS Upload

W/ those #'s I wouldn't see an improvement! The diff between 6332 & 1940 vs 7598 & 2328 is negligible, plus it may f' sumptin' else up. I'd leave it alone. JMHO