[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Advertising Advice

Dutch Oven

Myself and another guy started our own law firm last month after about six years at a larger firm. We have been discussing advertising and were approached by a local radio group about advertising on their internet streaming on all (5) of their local stations. We would also have 5 on air commercials a week, but that probably isn't enough to do any good. They are limiting the total amount of internet advertisers to 50 and only have about 20 right now, so every 20th commercial would be us for the time being.

The research shows that a lot of people are listening to the internet streaming now, especially at work. My question is do any of you all have any info about this or do any of you all listen to internet streaming at work? Just trying to figure out if this is a good way to get across to people.

Thanks

I do quite a bit of direct response radio and know that the return rate is really hit or miss. Some clients get decent returns while a majority are in the 3% or less range. I'm assuming that this is a podcast and will be downloaded to the user so they can listen to it at their leisure? I would think the response rate may be a little higher but not much.

When are the on-air commercials going to be ran? No use spending any money on those if they're going to air at 3am.

I do quite a bit of direct response radio and know that the return rate is really hit or miss. Some clients get decent returns while a majority are in the 3% or less range. I'm assuming that this is a podcast and will be downloaded to the user so they can listen to it at their leisure? I would think the response rate may be a little higher but not much.

When are the on-air commercials going to be ran? No use spending any money on those if they're going to air at 3am.

It's not a podcasr, it is actually live radio on the internet. You go to the website click a button for on-air streaming and it starts playing live through your computer. It will just have differnet commercials than regular radio. The commercials are on a continuous loop, so right now our commercial would be every 20th one, so it shouold get decent play as far as time of day. Obviooulsy, it will be on at bad hours as well.