[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

how americans spend their money

tonorator

:wacko:

surprised to see the level of overconsumption in the lowest fifth. i would have guessed that they would be overconsuming, but didn't expect it to be by about double their income. also surprised that the middle fifth is not overconsuming in total. easy to see who is paying all the taxes ...

amazing how fast we are consuming the latest innovations (second chart). iphone! iphone!

:wacko:

surprised to see the level of overconsumption in the lowest fifth. i would have guessed that they would be overconsuming, but didn't expect it to be by about double their income. also surprised that the middle fifth is not overconsuming in total. easy to see who is paying all the taxes ...

amazing how fast we are consuming the latest innovations (second chart). iphone! iphone!

it is likely that the statistics are skewed by, among other things, the consumption of senior citizens who are consuming out of their wealth rather than out of their current income

it is likely that the statistics are skewed by, among other things, the consumption of senior citizens who are consuming out of their wealth rather than out of their current income

if anything, i would think that factor might be more at play in the middle quintiles. seniors in the lowest quintile probably don't have a ton of wealth to be consuming out of, and instead are living primarily on SS income.

in any case, it is an interesting chart.