[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Almost Missed This date

The Holy Roller

63 years ago today the deadliest battle in Marine Corps history began with the invasion of Japan's home islands at Iwo Jima. I read Flag of Our Fathers recently and never felt more graditude for the men who went before us. Before he passed five years ago my barber, Charlie Sooter, was an Iwo vet who was one of the most modest people on earth. Here's to hoping we never forget. :wacko:

63 years ago today the deadliest battle in Marine Corps history began with the invasion of Japan's home islands at Iwo Jima. I read Flag of Our Fathers recently and never felt more graditude for the men who went before us. Before he passed five years ago my barber, Charlie Sooter, was an Iwo vet who was one of the most modest people on earth. Here's to hoping we never forget. :wacko:

said it before and will say it again ...america was its proudest ,strongest , most unified and toughest during those years and times

:D

Nice catch.

We should never take for granted what others have sacrificed so much for.

My dad fought on Iwo Jima. He told me on more than one occasion that he never thought he was going to live through it. After having seen "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Letters From Iwo Jima" I can see why he said that.

The sacrifices of all our troops on Iwo Jima helped preserve the freedoms we enjoy today! :wacko:

Anyone serving in the defense of the country is due big appreciation and especially those who fought in WWII to literally save the world. They have some amazing shows on the history and military channel about those battles and the guys that fought in them. Though it was 60 years ago, you can tell that many of them remember it like yesterday and have thought about those times literally every day since then.

:wacko: