[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Which RB to keep?

conchs719

I am in a keeper league -- 1 player at each position. 5 pts for passing, running and receiving td, PPR, 1 pt per 5 yds.

Which RB to keep?

Marooney, NEP

Grant, GBP

Williams, TBB

Turner. SDC?

I also have No 1 & 5 pick.

Thanks

Conchs

I am in a keeper league -- 1 player at each position. 5 pts for passing, running and receiving td, PPR, 1 pt per 5 yds.

Which RB to keep?

Marooney, NEP

Grant, GBP

Williams, TBB

Turner. SDC?

I also have No 1 & 5 pick.

Thanks

Conchs

Well by the process of elimination we can scratch Cadillac Williams of your list, as he's rumored to be down to 170 pounds and all the weight lost is reportedly muscle mass. The best case scenario is that he comes off the PuP list midway through the season. I think it's still more likely that he misses the rest of the season, and potentially his entire career.

That leaves us with Maroney, Grant and Turner... All three have question marks to some degree...

Laurence Maroney is a talented back, but is still in John McDaniels system. McDaniels has shown a commitment to the pass no matter what. If Maroney was in any other system rather than McDaniels or Martz I may lean towards Maroney, but he isn't

Michael Turner is a bit of an unknown as he's going to a franchise that has basically hit the reset button on itself. There is no telling how much the roster will have changed by the time training camp starts, and outside of a few wide receivers and a CoP back, he isn't surrounded with a ton of talent. Mike Smith has already committed to a power running game, which could be a boon to Michael Turner and his 5'10 237 pound frame.

Ryan Grant's only question mark is if he can withstand a season's worth of punishment. Packers insiders are saying that Brandon Jackson will see more work on third down, but I think it's a good thing for Grant. Grant returns to a team that as it stands right now a Hall of Fame quarterback, a solid line and a ton of talented receivers. Truth be told, I think he's the least talented out of all of these backs, but because of his system and there willingness to run out of a spread offense, I think he has to be the pick. Grant was second in the NFL in rushing from week 8 on and has a nose for the endzone. I think he's the safest pick here.

Well by the process of elimination we can scratch Cadillac Williams of your list, as he's rumored to be down to 170 pounds and all the weight lost is reportedly muscle mass. The best case scenario is that he comes off the PuP list midway through the season. I think it's still more likely that he misses the rest of the season, and potentially his entire career.

That leaves us with Maroney, Grant and Turner... All three have question marks to some degree...

Laurence Maroney is a talented back, but is still in John McDaniels system. McDaniels has shown a commitment to the pass no matter what. If Maroney was in any other system rather than McDaniels or Martz I may lean towards Maroney, but he isn't

Michael Turner is a bit of an unknown as he's going to a franchise that has basically hit the reset button on itself. There is no telling how much the roster will have changed by the time training camp starts, and outside of a few wide receivers and a CoP back, he isn't surrounded with a ton of talent. Mike Smith has already committed to a power running game, which could be a boon to Michael Turner and his 5'10 237 pound frame.

Ryan Grant's only question mark is if he can withstand a season's worth of punishment. Packers insiders are saying that Brandon Jackson will see more work on third down, but I think it's a good thing for Grant. Grant returns to a team that as it stands right now a Hall of Fame quarterback, a solid line and a ton of talented receivers. Truth be told, I think he's the least talented out of all of these backs, but because of his system and there willingness to run out of a spread offense, I think he has to be the pick. Grant was second in the NFL in rushing from week 8 on and has a nose for the endzone. I think he's the safest pick here.

Thanks -- That's pretty much the way I was leaning.

conchs

• 2 weeks later...

wow. That's a pretty solid analysis. Do you think Favre's retirement changes anything? Rodgers look decent in limited action last year, but maybe that means the Pack will focus on the run game until he gets settled. Sort of like Rivers two years ago.

wow. That's a pretty solid analysis. Do you think Favre's retirement changes anything? Rodgers look decent in limited action last year, but maybe that means the Pack will focus on the run game until he gets settled. Sort of like Rivers two years ago.

Thank you for the compliment... From time to time I try to do that. I do think Favre's retirement does cloud the situation a bit. Even in Favre's bad years, opposing teams still feared him, and would let you beat them on the ground, which was absolutely the case last year. They spread Jennings, Driver, and Jones out. With a receiving corps that dynamic and a legend at quarterback, teams obviously feared the pass above all else. Rarely did Grant face 8-9 men in the box.

With Rodgers being unproven, teams are going to challenge him. Being the 3 time MVP gives you respect and teams don't want to be beat by that. Rodgers hasn't earned the respect of the other 31 teams and will have to prove himself. I see Grant becoming the focal point of opposing teams game plans this year as opposed to last. Teams are going to make it a priority to shut down Grant and see what Rodgers has. Grant's success is very much married to the success of Rodgers. If Rodgers succeeds, so does Grant. If he falters... Well, let's just hope he doesn't.

I like Grant on a different level. The guy is mentally tough. I think of him losing those 2 fumbles in the playoff game with the Hawks and he never quit. In fact he came back to have the game of his life. He I think will be the rock of their offense just because of the experienced he gained last season. Their Offensive line remains intact as far as I've heard. Favre is gone, but Rogers will be fine and he is ready to go. The Packers will be the team to beat in the North and Grant in my opinion will be in the top 5 RB's in the NFC.

He I think will be the rock of their offense just because of the experienced he gained last season. Their Offensive line remains intact as far as I've heard. Favre is gone, but Rogers will be fine and he is ready to go. The Packers will be the team to beat in the North and Grant in my opinion will be in the top 5 RB's in the NFC.

Grant will be the focus of the offense as you said, but unlike last year, he'll be the opposing teams focus as well. The offensive line is intact, but they're still young, and lost their unquestioned leader. Rodgers may turn out to be something but he will not replace Favre this year. None of us homers with perspective are ready to say he'll be fine. We hope, but we're not sure yet. As far as the packers being the team to beat... Well yeah... There are only two teams in the north... Hopefully AD doesn't go crazy.

As far as top 5 in the NFC, I think these guys are a lot better than he...

Steven Jackson

Frank Gore

Portis

Westbrook

Peterson

I think he's also behind MB3 and Reggie Bush in a PPR league.