[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Protesting the Convention

Savage Beatings

:wacko: I don’t think you are being very clear and my point/inferred question was hardly partisan. You appear to be making broad generalizations and coming to a predisposed conclusion after you glanced at a couple headlines that irked you a bit. Are there legitimate beefs about permitting and rightful protest in this specific instance? You clearly don't think so, but haven't explained why besides saying that every lefty protester's primary objective is to ironically deny freedom of speech for participants at the RNC. What is your foundation for this seemingly baseless conclusion in this particular instance?

No, acutally I do think that they have a very legitimate beef. I even started the thread by saying how much I dislike it when one group tries to shut up another. I think that they should be given their permits and that they should have fair access to the people that they want to protest. So, you're just very wrong about that.

As to my seemingly baseless conclusion that the Protesters want to disrupt the proceedings, I have absolutely no evidence for that whatsoever. I'm just going from some anecdotal reactions that I've seen when I pose the question of "why" they want to protest the convention.

I have experience with this ? was not aware i had any

my pt is the sceurity detail , police , etc wont allow for a congregation that is large or anywhere near the sight of convention itself and imho that makes it carry less weight

i believe the most effective protests are the ones done right in the faces and eyes of who you are protesting against

Sorry if I misunderstood your earlier post. It made it sound as if you were the one with first hand experience with protesting a mile away.

I even started the thread by saying how much I dislike it when one group tries to shut up another.

Yea, and then several posts later you claimed the protests would primarily result in limiting first amendment rights for which you haven't given the slightest basis for. :wacko:

Edited by bushwacked