[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Northwest Airlines

Cyclones

Don't make assumptions. Let the man speak.

I suggested that it's better for them in the long run if the company that treats them poorly goes under and a more successful company takes their place... which is an inevitability.

ok....lets see if these 2200 find work at a stronger, better airline. its inevitable, right?

Once the nation's 10th-largest air carrier, Indianapolis-based ATA entered bankruptcy for the second time in just over three years. The company had more than 2,200 employees, and "virtually all" were told that their jobs were gone, company spokesman Michael Freitag said.
Edited by dmarc117

ok....lets see if these 2200 find work at a stronger, better airline. its inevitable, right?

Not the same thing, again. ACEO and the rest of us are talking about the major airlines, the ones that hog all the gates at the "hubs". If they go tits up, other efficient customer-centric airlines e.g. Southwest, Jet Blue WILL fill the gap and we'll all be better off.

ATA was a niche airline, forced into a corner of the ticketing area and with about two gates compared to NWAs 386 or whatever it is. Since when did you become a fan of monopolies?

Not the same thing, again. ACEO and the rest of us are talking about the major airlines, the ones that hog all the gates at the "hubs". If they go tits up, other efficient customer-centric airlines e.g. Southwest, Jet Blue WILL fill the gap and we'll all be better off.

ATA was a niche airline, forced into a corner of the ticketing area and with about two gates compared to NWAs 386 or whatever it is. Since when did you become a fan of monopolies?

are you a politician? lets keep changing what were talking about to suit our argument. i said this, no wait i said that, but meant this. bla bla bla.

Edited by dmarc117

are you a politician? lets keep changing what were talking about to suit our argument. i said this, no wait i said that, but meant this. bla bla bla.

A republican wants to stay on topic? :wacko:

Actually... it is the same thing.

Unless people decide not to fly anymore, which isn't likely, people are still going to need to check tickets, handle baggage, and fly planes in Indianapolis. If the other airlines that cover ATA's routes aren't already making plans to expand capacity to get ATA's old business, then a new company will emerge to take their place.

I seriously doubt that the people of the northeast have decided that without ATA, they will never fly again. Hell, if I lived in Indy, I'd plan to get as far away from there as often as I could.

Actually... it is the same thing.

Unless people decide not to fly anymore, which isn't likely, people are still going to need to check tickets, handle baggage, and fly planes in Indianapolis. If the other airlines that cover ATA's routes aren't already making plans to expand capacity to get ATA's old business, then a new company will emerge to take their place.

I seriously doubt that the people of the northeast have decided that without ATA, they will never fly again. Hell, if I lived in Indy, I'd plan to get as far away from there as often as I could.

Maybe I've underestimated the capacity of ATA in Indy since I'm here in the Twin Cities where they did have a single counter in the corner of ticketing and a two mile route march to their gates. All the loss of ATA does here is give NWA the chance to add a couple of gates and jack the price a couple more notches.

Maybe I've underestimated the capacity of ATA in Indy since I'm here in the Twin Cities where they did have a single counter in the corner of ticketing and a two mile route march to their gates. All the loss of ATA does here is give NWA the chance to add a couple of gates and jack the price a couple more notches.

Right, and the number of airline-specific people Northwest will have to hire to cover the added capacity will probably be close to the number of people ATA had to lay off.