[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL first round predictions!

Guest Azazello13

Guest Azazello13

these are blind-ass guesses at this point. this is as wide-open a first round as i've ever seen.

bruins over habs in 6 - too much artillery for theodore to hold off

sens over flyers in 6 eek.gif - flyers look primed for big letdown

devils over canes in 5 - an upset in the seedings, but not in reality

leafs over isles in 5 - at least one canadian team has to make it to round 2.

wings over canucks in 6 - tough series the wings will win with special teams

avs over kings in 5 - potvin won't be as good as least year

sharks over dogs in 4 - the sharks are circling

blues over hawks in 7 - toughest series to call. which goalie will step up?

#1 Detroit in 4 games - everyone predicts a tough series, I just don't see it.

#2 Colorado in 5 games - Roy could make a case for MVP (but won't win)

#3 San Jose in 6 games - I agree that San Jose is ready to go for the playoffs

#5 Chicago in 6 games - Just a hunch that Chicago might have the best chance of anyone to beat Detroit.

#1 Boston in 5 - Montreal got great goaltending this year, but he's not a proven playoff goaltender.

#2 Flyers in 5 - Flyers have more talent, and unless the panic with the goaltending they should really win this series easily

#6 Devils in 6 - As a Devils fan I like this draw alot, team isn't as good as previous years, but playing well right now

#5 Islanders in 6 - I've seen the Islanders more than Toronto, but I like what I see and the home ice should be pumped for first playoffs in years.

So my predicitions include no major upsets, and no 7 game series.

Blues over Hawks in 7. Man, I wish I could be there for this blood rivalry. From the time I was 6 to 20 I hardly missed a Blackhawks-Blues game at The Arena, and many a roadtrip to Chicago Stadium. Tkachuk, Weight, Pronger get it done.

Wings in 6.

Sharks in 6 (Burke needs to stand on his head).

Avs over Kings in 7.

Devils in 6- rematch of last year's 6 game series. The Panthers, er Hurricanes, won't be intimidated.

Flyers in 6 over Sens. There will be riots in Philly if another 1st round loss.

Toronto in 7 over Isles. Mapleleafs have a lot more playoff experience in series like these + Cujo.

Bruins in 6 over Habs. Another great rivalry.

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: chiefs ]

Guest Azazello13
Originally posted by chiefs:

Devils in 6- rematch of last year's 6 game series. Panthers won't be intimidated.

umm...the panthers happen to be trying to decide who to take with the first pick in the draft right about now.

1 Detroit in 5 games - Canucks will steal a low scoring game at home after the long trip

#2 Colorado in 6 games - avs too much for Kings. LA can't roll enough lines.

#3 San Jose in 5 games - SAn Jose looks tough. i'll be in row 6 for game 5, so i really hope it goes that long

#4 St. louis in 5 games - series of weak goaltending, but St. Louis will expose the hawks as pretenders.

#1 Boston in 5 - Habs don't score enough, dafoe is under-rated. thorton is getting real healthy. Bruins look good.

#2 Flyers in 5 - they might even sweep.

#6 Devils in 7 - have to respect this team.

#5 Islanders in 7- what former Red Wing Ozzie steal this series.

Originally posted by crispirons:

i do like carolina in an upset even though they are the higher seed. (betting wise carolina is the dog.)

Good call- Canes take game 1 thanks to Irbe. Seems the Devils either make the Finals or exit round 1.

Originally posted by Azazello13:

avs over kings in 5 - potvin won't be as good as least year

This one I strongly diagree with. I think this one goes 6 or 7. Unfortunately, the Lanche will probably win, but don't count on it.

Here's the rest:

Wings

Avs

Coyotes

Blues

Bruins

Devils

Isles

Sens

As far as goalies go, Cloutier and Cechmanek looked great tonight.

[ 04-17-2002: Message edited by: HUGH ONE ]

Guest Azazello13
Originally posted by HUGH ONE:

This one I strongly diagree with. I think this one goes 6 or 7. Unfortunately, the Lanche will probably win, but don't count on it.

i pick the avs in 5, you pick them in 6 or 7, and that constitutes "strong disagreement"? ok, whatever.

• 2 weeks later...

oh you mean the upsets that i picked before the series started. how about picking the senators over the flyers and the hurricanes over n.j. being the chicago homer that i am, i was misguided on that one but still, 2/3 on upset picks.....not to shabby. it has been a profittable playoffs for me thus far.