[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Moving to Connecticut on Friday

Sturphy

my experience of driving in New England (primarily boston) is that you have to be defensively aggressive. For example, here in Florida, you put on the blinker and generally wait for someone to let you in. In Boston, when you put on your blinker to change lanes, you are essentially telling the car behind too make room because here you come.

I remember after I had been in boston a couple of years I was visiting my brother in Florida. While I was driving, he was putting a hole in the car floor while hitting the imaginary brake. I didn't know what his problem was. He looked scared and asked why I was driving like such an ass-hole. I realized I was driving "New England" style.

+1

I moved from CT to VA and the driving there was infuriatingly slow. Now I live in TX where it is 80 mph all the time.

My wife and I really enjoyed living in CT. We lived there from 94 to 2000, as they were cleaning up the gang scene. Downtown was a LOT nicer when we left, no shell casings on the sidewalks.

I am sure you will enjoy it. There is a lot to do.

Words of wisdom, drive an older STEEL car/truck that you do not mind getting run into. CT drivers have no sense of personal space. I cannot count how many times someone slammed into my Jeep when I lived there. I even got hit at the gas station in WH once. Standing there pumping gas, and some guy just backs into me as he is trying to navigate lining up to the pump :wacko:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Does the oncoming traffic have a left-turn arrow for this? Some states still engage the protected left-turn stage after/end of the green phase ("lag arrow") rather than the usual beforehand ("lead arrow").

They just keep coming through the intersection. It was pretty disconcerting.