[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NHL: West vs. East

Lerxst

Originally posted by Azazello13:

again, i'm not the one making the comparative judgments here. i'd actually say the goaltending between the conferences is probably pretty even, all things considered. you can't really make meaningful comparisons about that kind of thing anyway. but when you look at past accomplishments in the playoffs, you'd have to be a MORON to say the east has the more proven guys, when patrick roy ALONE has probably done more in the playoffs than ALL your so-called "money goalies" in the east combined]

Nice to see you have to resort to name calling to get some crock of sh*t point across. rolleyes.gif If you want to make a one on one comparison of course Roy is going to come out ahead.

I never said they were more proven, I said I thought there were more "money" goalies in the East, i.e. there are more guys in the East that I think could steal a series.

Originally posted by Azazello13:

the real reason is that the top seeds in the east, with the exception of new jersey the last couple years, just aren't that good.

or do you honestly think the caps, sabres, panthers could have come out of the west those years?

When did I ever say that those teams would have made it out of the West? confused.gif

I'm just saying that I think the overall quality of goaltending in the East is better. If you need to pump up you're ego by spouting off and blasting someone else's opinion then my apologies go right ahead...

Guest Azazello13
Originally posted by Foosball God:

Nice to see you have to resort to name calling to get some crock of sh*t point across. If you want to make a one on one comparison of course Roy is going to come out ahead.

i know you're confused, but...i'm not the one making the comparisons, i'm the one shooting them down.

I never said they were more proven, I said I thought there were more "money" goalies in the East, i.e. there are more guys in the East that I think could steal a series.

maybe that's true. but that's the quality of the teams in the west, not the goalies in the east. you've got to have excellent goaltending to come out of the west, but it takes more than just a hot goalie. and that's not the case in the east, where some nice luck, a good draw, and a hot goalie can carry you right through to the finals. proof of this is in the fact that all these hot, "money" goalies carrying their teams through the east lose in 4 or 5 games in the finals when they finally play a complete western team.

If you need to pump up you're ego by spouting off and blasting someone else's opinion then my apologies go right ahead...

there's no crying in hockey. suck it up.

[ 04-29-2002: Message edited by: Azazello13 ]

Guest Azazello13
Foosball God:

I never once said that the teams in the East were better than the teams in the west. Get your facts straight before you spout off.

might wanna heed your own advice there, champ. when did i ever say or imply that you said the teams were better in the east? you are quite obviously and cluelessly saying that the GOALIES are better in the east. and i'm saying that the phenomena you're pointing to as evidence only prove that the TEAMS (especially the supposes "top" teams) are better in the west. a goalie can steal a series in the east because the rest of the teams aren't that great, NOT because the goalies over there are somehow magically "better".

Totally agree Lerx!! The only hope the East has

is if there is such a level of attrition after the

West teams get done beating on each other, that

they can steal a couple of games.

Both the West series are going to be great. The Sharks play the Av's tough all the time. And the Blues are pretty hot right now, so they could give

Detroit a bit of a run.

Azazello13:

might wanna heed your own advice there, champ.  when did i ever say or imply that you said the teams were better in the east?  you are quite obviously and cluelessly saying that the GOALIES are better in the east.  and i'm saying that the phenomena you're pointing to as evidence only prove that the TEAMS (especially the supposes "top" teams) are better in the west.  a goalie can steal a series in the east because the rest of the teams aren't that great, NOT because the goalies over there are somehow magically "better".

"magically better"? w.t.f is that all about? Yet again you start putting words in peoples mouths.