[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Question about broadleaf weed killer

muck

My wife is concerned that putting broadleaf Josh Gordon killer on our yard is somehow bad for our kids (who play outside without shoes on all the time). She's also concerned that it'll negatively impact our pregnant dog.

Do any of you guys have any insights on yard chemicals and any potential childhood ailments (ranging from ADD, asthma, etc)?

I sure don't and neither does my wife. Because she doesn't know anything, she's inclined to not want to do anything. I want to kill the weeds and make sure I tell my kids to not eat the grass until after it rains the first time.

Thoughts?

Spray the yard, but don't let the kids or dog on the yard until the spray is completely dry. If you want to be really conservative then don't let the kids and dog on the lawn when the lawn is wet from the first rain after the application either. The crap we spray on our lawns today is a hell of a lot more effective than what our parents put on our lawns growing up, and a hell of a lot safer too. If you aren't screwed up then your kids won't be screwed up unless you let them lick the leaves right after you spray them.

Guest Chappy
Spray the yard, but don't let the kids or dog on the yard until the spray is completely dry. If you want to be really conservative then don't let the kids and dog on the lawn when the lawn is wet from the first rain after the application either. The crap we spray on our lawns today is a hell of a lot more effective than what our parents put on our lawns growing up, and a hell of a lot safer too. If you aren't screwed up then your kids won't be screwed up unless you let them lick the leaves right after you spray them.

Great advice I'd think. If you're really crazy about, maybe wait until after application and you get the first rain and first mow before they go roaming.

Edited by Chappy

Forget the Josh Gordon kill.

pay the kids a nickel a Josh Gordon.

If the Josh Gordon has a root on it than give them a nickel.

If the Josh Gordon has no root than they owe you a dime.

amounts were good 10 years ago. might have to bump it up to a quarter and a dollar.

works for time on video games also. every Josh Gordon gets you a minute of playing time.