[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carolina Trades for the 19th overall pick

LooGie

Maybe i'm way off base here, but an '08 2nd and 4th and an '09 1st seems a little steep for the 19th overall pick. Otah is obviously an outstanding pick, and he shouldn't have still been on the board, but that seems to be an awfully high price to pay.

I dont know how the "value system" works, and I'm pretty ignorant about the draft process in general, but I could see a this years second and maybe NEXT YEARS 1st and 4th, or even just next years 1st with this years second being fair...

any thoughts?

Maybe i'm way off base here, but an '08 2nd and 4th and an '09 1st seems a little steep for the 19th overall pick. Otah is obviously an outstanding pick, and he shouldn't have still been on the board, but that seems to be an awfully high price to pay.

I dont know how the "value system" works, and I'm pretty ignorant about the draft process in general, but I could see a this years second and maybe NEXT YEARS 1st and 4th, or even just next years 1st with this years second being fair...

any thoughts?

yeah, I think we ripped them because I think they will be worse this year...

and I don't even hate Carolina...but the OL looks real shaky right now when you consider chemistry and the fact that they already had a new person at every OL position as it is....and now they threw a rookie in the mix...

I'm not slamming the pick at all. I think it was brilliant to move up to that spot and take Otah. He should not have fell that far at all and I'm way happy to see Fox showing some urgency and where-with-all. I just think they paid a little too steep for him.

I like the two picks, but the price was way too high. :wacko: If we don't make the playoffs for the third straight season, my guess is that Fox and Hurney will be without jobs and they figured out.... What the heck, we won't be around next year, so let's make it now.... :D