[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Game 4: Blues v. Red Wings

chiefs

Huge game tonight at the "Kiel Center" tonight.

Can Hasek bounce back after getting yanked in game 3? Will Larionov be a scratch?

We'll quickly know if the Blues are just pretenders and the Wings just had an off night.

Weight playing with a hurt pelvis has really affected the team- such that they have moved him to the checking line.

Should be a great game!

Wings 5-3. :mad: :mad:

Guest Azazello13

i'm as excited for this game as i have been for any this playoff season so far (i'm more NERVOUS than excited when the avs are playing a big game)

i dunno who wins, but i expect st. louis to play another VERY solid game. here's what i'll offer for a prediction...if the blues can score 3 goals, i think they'll win. if they don't, they'll lose. coin toss says blues win, 4-2 on an empty-netter. thumbs_u

chiefs:

We'll quickly know if the Blues are just pretenders and the Wings just had an off night.

The Blues are not pretenders and the Wings did not have an off night. Funny how people think that if Detroit loses, they had an off night, like they are so invincible, that they must have had an off night for someone to get lucky and beat them. Detroit came out smoking in the game and got smoked 6-1.

As far as the Blues being pretenders, give me a break. Even if Detroit wins the next 2 games and knocks them out in 5, they are still not pretenders. They merely have the misfortune of having to play the NHL's best regular season team in the 2nd round, while a bunch of scrubs in the East battle it out to see who will get crushed by the West this year in the finals.

chiefs:

Huge game tonight at the "Kiel Center" tonight.

Ahhhh, yes, the Savvis Center, where Wayne Gretzky had his worst ppg production.

2-1 Wings, I just turned on, any huge plays yet?

OK, 2 seconds after posting, Holmstrom scored. 3-1 Wings. C'mon Blues, show me something.

A little scary at the end but the good guys won. :D

One more reason to want Lidstrom on your team instead of Pronger. Lidstrom doesn't injure himself going after a big hit. wink

Pronger's absense obviously hurt St. Louis badly because even before the monster minutes McInnis had to log due to Pronger not being there McInnis seems to be showing his age. He seems to be a step behind lately and can't seem to unload his cannon shot quickly enough. Some of this may be due to the Wings specifically making an effort to deny him an open point shot but I think some of it lays on McInnis' shoulders as well.

The Blues played with some intensity in the closing minutes but again it wasn't enough to dig themselves out of the hole they got themselves into. Game 5 should be interesting. If Pronger doesn't come back it's all over for the blue notes. If he can it should be interesting to see if they can build on the intensity they showed at the end of the game.

Foosball God

[QB]Pronger's absense obviously hurt St. Louis badly because even before the monster minutes McInnis had to log due to Pronger not being there McInnis seems to be showing his age.  He seems to be a step behind lately and can't seem to unload his cannon shot quickly enough.  Some of this may be due to the Wings specifically making an effort to deny him an open point shot but I think some of it lays on McInnis' shoulders as well.

[QB]

I have noticed too that MacInnis doesn't seem to be the player he was a year or two ago. He was beaten badly to the net on Detroit's first goal and his scoring has been nonexistent in the playoffs.

Right now I'm wondering if anyone can stop the Wings- they're looking like the Avs last year -more determined and better than everyone else. And it's looking like they're going to get another extended rest.

This is pretty much a statement of the obvious - but the only one that has a chance of stopping the Wings-train is the winner of Sharks-Avs.

Azazello13:

i'm as excited for this game as i have been for any this playoff season so far (i'm more NERVOUS than excited when the avs are playing a big game)

i dunno who wins, but i expect st. louis to play another VERY solid game.  here's what i'll offer for a prediction...if the blues can score 3 goals, i think they'll win.  if they don't, they'll lose.  coin toss says blues win, 4-2 on an empty-netter. thumbs_u

they scored three goals alright and three is the right number. it's the number of wins the wings have in this now "all but over" series. Great showing by the Wings on the road when they needed to win. perfect? by no means. solid? very much so. nice to holmstrom finally do something and the Captain had a very good game. Hasek played well for 2-1/2 periods. Blues are tough and played well, but they're simply not up to the calibre of the wings depth. once pronger went down, the blues hit a sour note.