[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Speed Racer

Pope Flick

Tobey Maguire owns the rights to do a live-action remake of Robotech. I'm looking forward to that one if it ever gets off the ground.

Oh, I would be down with Robotech in a heartbeat! The same goes for Starblazers...loved that show!

Still haven't seen Speed Racer...:wacko:

• 1 month later...
zero motivation to see this thing. heck, after seeing the trailers, i feel like i have seen it because they put the coolest effects in the trailers. knowing that there is no meaningful plot or drama leaves you with just the effects, which have been plastered everywhere already. most reviews say that you quickly tire of the bombardment of effects and since i'm already tired of them without even seeing the movie, why would i pay to go in?

this and indy both suffer from the same problem, which is running rampant in the theaters today. blast 'em with effects and what you consider to be jaw dropping scenes, blow out the merchandising, plaster the trailers and interviews all over the media ... blitz, blitz blitz!!!!! and in all the hype, the need for a compelling story and characters is lost.

:wacko:

ok, i'm eating my words. rented it on blu-ray and had a blast watching it with the family. the effects were extremely cool but were also integrated in as part of the story. very good flick.

indy was still mediocre, however. not horrible, but mediocre.

if you are looking for a fun family movie or a cool thrill ride, check this one out. blu-ray all the better.

This was on TV awhile back and I caught myself watching more than I expected. I remember it from being a kid. It was very true to the orig, which is to say hokey as hell but that's exactly how I think they should have done it and I had fun watching for awhile. As a trip down memory lane, great. If you're not up on it though, as a movie, blech you shattin me