[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CIA Leak case, take 2

AtomicCEO

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can someone please tell me how the f*ck you are supposed to argue with someone who believes that patrick fitzgerald is the attorney general who has the final determination over interpretation of the law? TIA.

LOL....I get the guys official title wrong....he is the litigator for the US Attorney General....my bad....and you get your entire set of facts COMPLETELY wrong . Yep...you win on that one. Good for you. You have finally won one battle. Read much? Have you figured it out yet?

:D

This is like watching a tennis match, only not boring.

It seems to me that neither side has enough facts to totally prove thier case, and both sides have political motivations. Methinks yer both just :wacko:

WV,

I don't have and ideological fight. I just think what these guys did was wrong.....I am a republican and always have been. There is nothing republican, except tax policy, about this administration. What happened to Plame I would have thought Clinton would have done...not a Bush ADMN. It was wrong. Now, Fitz cannot prove anyone KNOWINGLY outed a covert CIA agent......that is the end of the argument. That is how the statute reads. The funny part is Azz and I agree on the "what possible good comes out of McClellan testifying?" But it might allow the Congress to pass a stricter statute to protect out intelligence gatherers around the world from political persecution in the media

LOL....I get the guys official title wrong....he is the litigator for the US Attorney General....my bad....and you get your entire set of facts COMPLETELY wrong . Yep...you win on that one. Good for you. You have finally won one battle. Read much? Have you figured it out yet?

you still got his title wrong. fitzgerald was the US Attorney for the judicial district in chicago, appointed special counsel to investigate the plame affair. but that was your supercial error, the truly exasperating one was when you made the ridiculous assertion that he, as the prosecutor in a case, somehow makes the final determination on the interpreation of any law. that, as any 9th grade civics student knows, is the exclusive role of the judiciary. prosecutors make all sorts of legal arguments that end up not carrying water, but the key point here is that fitzgerald NEVER argued that plame was covert AS DEFINED IN THE RELEVANT STATUTE. if he did, he would have had a tough argument to make.

and what facts have I gotten wrong in your estimation? the fact that the definition of covert in the relevant statute would have been a hurdle to prosecuting anyone involved for the leak? trust me, it would have been a hurdle...or no, don't trust me, trust one of the lawyers who drafted the f'ing law in the first place. you're right that other elements of the statute would have been problems as well -- the knowledge that the government was trying to conceal her identity, the intentional disclosure. basically every element of the crime is one that the prosecutor would have had a near impossible time demonstrating in court, because ultimately, the facts of the case simply don't fit a violation of that particular law.

you still got his title wrong. fitzgerald was the US Attorney for the judicial district in chicago, appointed special counsel to investigate the plame affair. but that was your supercial error, the truly exasperating one was when you made the ridiculous assertion that he, as the prosecutor in a case, somehow makes the final determination on the interpreation of any law. that, as any 9th grade civics student knows, is the exclusive role of the judiciary. prosecutors make all sorts of legal arguments that end up not carrying water, but the key point here is that fitzgerald NEVER argued that plame was covert AS DEFINED IN THE RELEVANT STATUTE. if he did, he would have had a tough argument to make.

and what facts have I gotten wrong in your estimation? the fact that the definition of covert in the relevant statute would have been a hurdle to prosecuting anyone involved for the leak? trust me, it would have been a hurdle...or no, don't trust me, trust one of the lawyers who drafted the f'ing law in the first place. you're right that other elements of the statute would have been problems as well -- the knowledge that the government was trying to conceal her identity, the intentional disclosure. basically every element of the crime is one that the prosecutor would have had a near impossible time demonstrating in court, because ultimately, the facts of the case simply don't fit a violation of that particular law.

Blah blah blah blah blah.....you are like an annoying mosquito......one with only one brain cell....Good luck with the rest of your day...hope you don't hurt yourself.

• 2 weeks later...