[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ricky figures 4 more years

Randall

"Leading your team" is one thing - maintaining a solid level of production is another. Warrick Dunn led the Falcons in rushing last year but only averaged 3.2 ypc and 6.5 yds/rec. To me, that indicates a drop in ability. Shaun Alexander led the Seahawks in rushing as well - at 3.5 ypc.

That's true but at 35 Marcus Allen had 890 yards(a 4.3 average) plus 210 receiving yards(7.8 average)

at 36 830 and a 4.0 average plus 270 receiving yards(10 yard average).

I'm just trying to see what older backs were able to accomplish, but then Marcus took a couple of year off(kind of) because he worked for Al Davis.

Ricky could play to 35. It is possible.

That's true but at 35 Marcus Allen had 890 yards(a 4.3 average) plus 210 receiving yards(7.8 average)

at 36 830 and a 4.0 average plus 270 receiving yards(10 yard average).

I'm just trying to see what older backs were able to accomplish, but then Marcus took a couple of year off(kind of) because he worked for Al Davis.

Ricky could play to 35. It is possible.

Sure it is; but my point is mainly that even IF he should play that long, there's no guarantee that it will result in the level of production that he has had in the past. You can point out that Marcus Allen had a terrific swan song to his career, but just take a look at the RBs who even made it past 30 - the STRONG tendency is that they suffer a dropoff in - at the very least - explosiveness, if we can take YPC and yds/catch as a reasonable measure of that. Perhaps as importantly, their also is a significant dropoff in durability as well.

Sure it is; but my point is mainly that even IF he should play that long, there's no guarantee that it will result in the level of production that he has had in the past. You can point out that Marcus Allen had a terrific swan song to his career, but just take a look at the RBs who even made it past 30 - the STRONG tendency is that they suffer a dropoff in - at the very least - explosiveness, if we can take YPC and yds/catch as a reasonable measure of that. Perhaps as importantly, their also is a significant dropoff in durability as well.

Oh yeah. I was just looking for one player as the ceiling. Outside of him succeeding after 31 is highly unlikely. That said players every decade do what earlier players couldn't. We'll have to see what Ricky and other older players do.

Ricky's only motivation is money at this point.

I believe him when he says he wants to leave a positive legacy in the NFL. I have never read an article where somebody interviewed Ricky and didn't love him. He really seems like a great guy. Saban fell in love with him and now Parcells has fallen in love with him.

I think the legacy and good leadership - leadership which Miami hasn't had in years - might motivate him quite well. I know Parcells has a 'type of guy' and I know he can get the best out of those types of guys. Strange enough - Ricky seems to be a Parcells guy. It could be a fun relationship. It might explode, sure - but at what cost. He's a low risk - high reward guy.