[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It's a small world

Skilly

So I'm flying down to Norfolk, VA today for two weeks of, oh let's call it professional development training for my job. Not bad, but if I could have chosen a spot to spend two weeks in July, Norfolk would definately not have been on my list.

Anyway, I get seated next to this young boy, about 11, and he is flying alone. The flight attendant is talking with him and going over the rules and what they will do when they land. We start to talking, and he mentions that he used to live in California. We break it down a bit further, and then I recognize him: I coached this kid with my son on their T-ball team 4 years ago! He was delighted to not be sitting next to a stranger, and I had fun talking with him and getting caught up on what he was doing and filling him in about my son.

You just never know who you might meet out there in this big world! :wacko:

How much trouble can I get in? :wacko: I'm just asking...........................

what are the exact dates that you are in Norfolk?

If you want to catch a AAA Minor League game I might be able to stir up a couple of tickets for you

Annoying travel notes of day 1:

1. This tops my list as a slightly annoying, slightly aggravating item: I am at my hotel, and am setting the alarm clock to wake me up at 5:30. The minutes button will not work, and then I notice that the time is slow by about 12 minutes. I call to the front desk and a woman answers. I tell her I would like to get a different clock because the one I have will not set the correct time. She responds with, "Would you like a wake-up call?" :wacko: No thank you, I would just like a different clock please. "I'm sorry, all our clocks are the same and we have to order them all at one time." Thinking that she just didn't understand me, I repeated myself. After a few minutes of back and forth, I gave up and just decided to wait until she gets off her shift and hope that the next front desk clerk isn't a complete moran. :D

2. Airport hippies: Did ya ever notice that hippies who fly don't like to sit in the chairs in airports? They just sprawl all over the floor with their beads and ponytails and L.L. Bean backpacks. Apparently, chairs are too bourgeois to be bohemian. :D

3. I never, and I mean NEVER, have been seated next to a hot coed or even halfway decent looking woman on a flight. Today on the first leg of my trip, I was seated next to what I assumed to be a woman, but really it was hard to say one way or another. I am hoping that by airing out this grievance now, I will reverse-jinx myself and my fortunes will be reversed for the return trip. :D

what are the exact dates that you are in Norfolk?

If you want to catch a AAA Minor League game I might be able to stir up a couple of tickets for you

I'm here through the 17th. That would be great........I've got nothing planned and nowhere to be.