[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

digital converter boxes

chester

Anybody know how these things work?

Our cottage gets no cable and we watch so little tv in the 4 months that we're there that it isn't worth it to get a dish. We get 4 local channels from our antenna. So I got 2 of those converter boxes in anticipation of the switch and when they search for channels, they find nothing. These are Twin City stations, so they must be broadcasting in digital (right?). The tech person from Insignia says they're probably not yet sending them in digital. The regular reception isn't the greatest so I'm wondering if the search simply doesn't find them - though I've manually put in the channels and it still won't recognize them. Any thoughts?

Anybody know how these things work?

Our cottage gets no cable and we watch so little tv in the 4 months that we're there that it isn't worth it to get a dish. We get 4 local channels from our antenna. So I got 2 of those converter boxes in anticipation of the switch and when they search for channels, they find nothing. These are Twin City stations, so they must be broadcasting in digital (right?). The tech person from Insignia says they're probably not yet sending them in digital. The regular reception isn't the greatest so I'm wondering if the search simply doesn't find them - though I've manually put in the channels and it still won't recognize them. Any thoughts?

Could be a few things:

1) Signal is weak so it's not picking it up.

2) You may need a new antenna.

3) Antenna needs to be relocated to pick up a stronger signal.

4) Stations might not be brodcasting in digital yet.