[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CCS Pick #13 (Run-off)

Avernus

Brady vs TO  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who goes at the #13 spot?

• Tom Brady
    • Terrell Owens

I could see the benefit in picking either of these guys, but I went with Brady because TO is no consistant. He will win you a game or two, or he will score three points, Brady or Manning will give you a steady score.

So will the next 3 QB's on the board. The next 3 after that will consistently give you points that are closer to the last that it really doesn't matter. I take TO here and give up the 3 pointer for the overall average that far outshines the 9th or 10th WR.

Have you met Big Country yet?

I ask if you have met BC not to be a dick. He has explained better than anyone I have read why you don't take a QB in the first round. It is very good reading. Check in on the fantasy advice forum when all the redrafts start rolling because I know it will come up again. No way anyone can break it down the way he does!

Edited by tbimm

I have read his stuff and he makes very good points, I just don't see Palmer, Romo and Brees keeping within 3 points of Manning and Brady this year. If you take TO here, where is the line drawn on WR and the top qbs start coming off?

The discussions are usually more about RB's. That said....... The top 3 WR's are going to outscore the 9 10 and 11 WR's by a margin greater than the top QB's will. Keep in mind most leagues don't start 2 QB's and many if not most do start 3 WR's.

Crap. His argument is so much better than mine. I spent some time using the search function and will now defer to Big John to find his in depth arguement against a QB in the first round. :wacko: Tired .

I have read his stuff and he makes very good points, I just don't see Palmer, Romo and Brees keeping within 3 points of Manning and Brady this year. If you take TO here, where is the line drawn on WR and the top qbs start coming off?

The 3 point comment was about TO's 3 point weeks. Just to clarify.

Starting requirements are not given, but I'm assuming it's a 3 WR league since I believe most people play in this format. It is important to grab top WRs. You start three. You probably draft around 6 of them. I can get a serviceable QB late. I cannot get 3 serviceable WRs to make up for lost depth early. You have X number of teams drafting 3 starting WRs each vs. 1 QB. Backup QBs are not a priority for most teams. Additional WRs are. TO is the obvious choice between the two.

I want to play in a league with you.