[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Little Help

ReturnToSender

First off I want to say sorry about all the following questions, usually at this time of year, I am 100% up to date with everything, I am confident on my upcoming draft and know most situations. This year, 2 kids, and a huge increase in my work load at the job, and I am far behind. I really value every one's opinion here, so if you could toss me a few bones, I would be forever in your debt.

I am in a very competitive 12 person PPR redraft. 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs 1 TE, 1K 1 Def and 20 rounds of drafting. I got the 5th pick this year.

My questions are:

Shawn Alexander, still a free agent? Anyone interested?

J Jones is the starter in Seattle?

Where is K Jones heading?

Who's the starter in Detroit?

Who's the starter in Denver, is T Henry 100% out?

Duece is on the PuP? Who's backing up Bush?

Delholm healthy?

I feel so behind, but any help catching me would be great.

First off I want to say sorry about all the following questions, usually at this time of year, I am 100% up to date with everything, I am confident on my upcoming draft and know most situations. This year, 2 kids, and a huge increase in my work load at the job, and I am far behind. I really value every one's opinion here, so if you could toss me a few bones, I would be forever in your debt.

I am in a very competitive 12 person PPR redraft. 1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs 1 TE, 1K 1 Def and 20 rounds of drafting. I got the 5th pick this year.

I feel so behind, but any help catching me would be great.

Probably ought to go in the advice forum, but you cloaked the questions a bit...

Shawn Alexander, still a free agent? Anyone interested?

Tried out with 3 teams so far, but no offers. It looks like he's used up, and likely won't get a job unless there are a slew of injuries at RB. He could come in at a lower price if he really needs the work, but then he'd probably have to play special teams, also to fit onto a squad right now. Fat chance of either event happening.

J Jones is the starter in Seattle?

He's currently listed as the #1 RB in SEA. Anyone who watched his performance in DAL with a team whose O-line is much better than SEA's current version and watched him underperform badly would expect that he'd at least lose a bunch of carries to Morris in passing downs at least and in short yardage to Duckett. That leaves 1st & 2nd down between-the-20s work for him. That won't do anything better than make him a #3 FF RB, with downside that he loses the job completely and is forced to scavage what carries he can off the bench.

Where is K Jones heading?

Again, no one knows. Word is out that he has had superb workouts for team reps, but again he's probably asking too much to be picked up unless a team gets it's primary RB hurt and has questionable depth. I'd say there's a lot better chance he'll be working in Oct. than SA, though.

Who's the starter in Detroit?

Rookie Kevin Smith is currently the favorite. If that doesn't work out, Bell & Calhoun would be fighting for the job. If Smith doesn't work out, I'd expect DET to hit the WW, and possibly even bring back Kevin Jones.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Who's the starter in Denver, is T Henry 100% out?

Henry is cut & long gone, and word is out that he violated the drug policy again. His career is likely over. Right now there isn't enough evidence to have any clue who gets the job in week 1 and whether they'll keep it through even week 5, much less the entire season. The DEN job is probably a fight between Selvin Young & rookie Ryan Torain. Young is supposedly 10 lbs heavier after working out in the offseason to get the featured job, and currently is #1 on the depth chart. My thinking is that he can't run between the tackles effectively, 10 lbs more or not. I like Torain as the favorite to be starting by week 6 because his running style fits DEN's O so well and he is flat out a load in the interior. He was a superior runner at ASU and would have likely been at worst a mid to high 2nd rounder if he hadn't gotten hurt. Torain has supposedly looked pretty good in tees & shorts so far.

Duece is on the PuP? Who's backing up Bush?

The PUP is a likely spot for him, meaning he'll be out until at least week 6 if that happens. Hard to say before TC if that is set in stone, though.

Delholm healthy?

Supposedly 100% & ready to roll this year. People are expecting big things from him with the improvement to the WR corps. Good guy to watch in regard to getting a #2 FF QB who could outplay a lower tier #1 FF QB as well as his ADP by a bit.

Edited by Bronco Billy