[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

More NYC advice

whoopazz

I know DMD just did one of these, but I'm thinking of taking the wife and kids (well, just about adults) to NYC for Christmas. We'd spend all of our time perusing the hotspots in Manhattan that you all recommended for Dorey, but I'm curious about accommodations. Is it best to fork over the coin to stay right in downtown (and if so, where), or to stay in a borough and commute via subway? Any advice from locals is appreciated.

I know DMD just did one of these, but I'm thinking of taking the wife and kids (well, just about adults) to NYC for Christmas. We'd spend all of our time perusing the hotspots in Manhattan that you all recommended for Dorey, but I'm curious about accommodations. Is it best to fork over the coin to stay right in downtown (and if so, where), or to stay in a borough and commute via subway? Any advice from locals is appreciated.

If you're going during x-mas, make sure and add the tree at Rockefeller Center and FAO Schwartz.

Staying in midtown is EXPENSIVE. . .there's a Days Inn at 47th and 7th (or close to there, can't remember exactly) that's probably the best value, but it's not a great place. Better to stay somewhere like Newark or Hoboken, within walking distance of the PATH and commute in.

If you're going during x-mas, make sure and add the tree at Rockefeller Center and FAO Schwartz.

Staying in midtown is EXPENSIVE. . .there's a Days Inn at 47th and 7th (or close to there, can't remember exactly) that's probably the best value, but it's not a great place. Better to stay somewhere like Newark or Hoboken, within walking distance of the PATH and commute in.

I live in Hoboken bro...lodging is not cheap but it is definitely a way to go. Plus, the town is a ton of fun...you can hang here for a night and still have a blast.

I live in Hoboken bro...lodging is not cheap but it is definitely a way to go. Plus, the town is a ton of fun...you can hang here for a night and still have a blast.

I just went to Expedia and did a search for NYC hotels. It's hilarious reading the customer reviews on anything that's less than $200 per night. You see quotes like "NEVER NEVER AGAIN!!" and "THIS IS NOT A HOTEL, IT'S A HOSTEL WITH SHARED BATHROOM!!" and "THE FURNITURE WAS HELD TOGETHER WITH DUCT TAPE FOR GOD'S SAKE!"

Welcome to the jungle.