[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What is your preferred waiver method?

Pitbull739

All that being said, I have pushed hard for a blind bid system, but I have a few owners who think it sounds like too much work to to a blind bid. I disagree, but it is difficult to change rules in long standing leagues. Not to mention we are such a competitive league that everyone thinks a change means an advantage to whoever is proposing it.

If you can get a your league to go blind bid, do it. Good luck.

This is exactly the response I get with these guys any time there is a change proposed. Glad I am not the only one with a bunch of old crotchety owners that hate everything but hate change even more.

Update - I put the alternatives on our message board this morning and have a 50/50 split right now on keeping it FCFS or going blind bids. Only 4 owners left to go.

Thanks for all the input.

the blind bid can be a beating if someone has to manage it, if the league does it and you bid on a player you have to wait to pick up another player if you lose, we tried it 2 years ago and did not like it.

I am in favor of the first come first get, but limit the number of pickups from Sunday to Sunday, we do 3 which I think is high, I have played in a league with a limit of 1, that really makes you think when a player goes down in the first half and you have 2 players on bye the next week. It makes managing your roster much more challenging IMO, i think that max of 2 per week is best depending on how deep your rosters are in your league, if they are really deep, limit one pickup.

First set of waivers run at 11am Wednesday morning based on the waiver priority order. This gives owners time between the MNF game and Wednesday to review who is available on the waiver wire.

Any players that are dropped at 11am Wednesday go to waivers for 24 hours and can be claimed in the next round of waivers on Thursday.

Any players not picked up become Free Agents and are avialable for pickup on a first come/first serve basis starting at 11:30 AM Wednesday. We set this up to start 30min after claims run just to give the website some time to run/process all the claims.

In the past we set the waiver priority based on the teams overall record each week. This year we have changed this and will set the waiver ranking at the beginning of the season based on the reverse of the draft order. The rankings will not reset each week. The only way the rankings will change is if a team claims a player off waivers and then moves to the bottom of the waiver ranking. Similar to your situation we were tired of the team in last getting to pickup the first player every week. This way if you don't pickup any player on claims, you'll be at or near the top when you really want a player.

Edit: Our add/drops are $5.

This is pretty much how we run it. If you don't draft a backup TE, then you have to burn waiver priority to pick one up. Each move knocks you back to the end of the line. Those that make calculated moves usually end up getting Ryan Grant off the wire midseason (me)