[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Blockbuster deal

Patsfan39

I give:

SJax

Roy Williams

I get:

Portis

Ocho Cinco

2nd round pick

3rd round pick

Scoring same for RBs and WRs

1 pt for 10 yards

.5 pt for 1 catch

6 pts for TD

The guys pick was 9th overall out of 12 teams. His team did not declined too much... i would say 6th-9th this year for his picks. My team is looking to win right now. I am ver confident I can win the whole thing this year.

Leave link to yours and I will get to it right away please.

Well, I like this trade. I think it depends a bit on your team... If you have some depth, though, this seems like a great trade... SJax won't have the best year this year anyhow (IMO), and you get to get someone great next year!

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=258191

Voted in your thing. But how does depth have to do with it? Its RB for RB, WR for WR.

Voted in your thing. But how does depth have to do with it? Its RB for RB, WR for WR.

Well, If you believe that Ocho Cinco won't be the 'best' WR this year, you're downgrading WR so it partially depends on if your team can 'manage' if Ocho Cinco is a bust. Personally I think SJax is a bust this year, so I think the trade's good for you, and Ocho Cinco might still prove himself a top WR so you'd win on both accounts. But there is that bit of a gamble... you're trading possible bust at RB for possible bust at WR. I guess I just hate gambling on my #1 of any position if my #2 is low-end... maybe it's just a personal preference :wacko:

Just realized your team's in the sig... so I say go for it. Your WR could cover if chad fails at his life :D

Edited by femmefootball

I wouldn't make the trade simply because of Chad. CIN looked lost last week and no running game to speak of. With no running game to worry about, opposing defenses will blitz Palmer like mad and double the WRs. At least DET can stay in games with their offense. And with such a weak defense, Kitna will be throwing a lot this season. Roy is certain to benefit from that.

Portis is a workhorse for sure, but frankly WAS looked worse than CIN. I know STL also looked bad, (see a trend here?) SJax will still be able to post decent numbers this season. He's too good a RB not to, but I don't think he'll have a stellar year as he's had in the past. Overall, I don't really think you need to make the deal.

While these players are big in name, all of the teams involved are below average this year. This is just swapping one guy from a bad team for another in different colors.

That's why I am not going to do it, my team has a very very good shot at making the playoffs. The picks really do not mean anything to me. I want this to be my year.

Which is precisely why this deal doesn't do anything for you. If you were looking ahead then yeah, it probably does make sense. But as you said in the original post, you are looking to win this year so you have to throw the picks out the window and see what's left. And when you do that, this deal doesn't benefit you.