[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would you make this trade?

MTSuper7

Being offered Jamal Lewis and Eddie Royal in exchange for Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton. I have LT, Selvin Young, and a bunch of rookies at RB (J. Stew, R. Rice, Slaton, Felix Jones). PPR league with bonuses for longer TDs (either rec or rushing). Should I give up Andre to solidify with a legit RB2? I'd still have Larry Fitz, Cotchery, and Santonio at WR to go with Royal.

Being offered Jamal Lewis and Eddie Royal in exchange for Andre Johnson and Steve Slaton. I have LT, Selvin Young, and a bunch of rookies at RB (J. Stew, R. Rice, Slaton, Felix Jones). PPR league with bonuses for longer TDs (either rec or rushing). Should I give up Andre to solidify with a legit RB2? I'd still have Larry Fitz, Cotchery, and Santonio at WR to go with Royal.

I would think about this trade. With Slaton now getting the nod with Green out, and Selvin Young mired in the Shannahan RB by committe, I would be starting Slaton over Young. Jamal Lewis gets hurt quite alot. Consider Clevelands schedule ( Baltimore twice, Pitt twice, NYG, Ten, Phi). he is going to have two nice games against the Bengals, maybe.

Andre Johnson is usually ranked in the middle top 10 for receivers. Royal has lots of upside and I would 1 to 1 swap him for Slaton, but I wouldn't give up Johnson for Lewis

I would think about this trade. With Slaton now getting the nod with Green out, and Selvin Young mired in the Shannahan RB by committe, I would be starting Slaton over Young. Jamal Lewis gets hurt quite alot. Consider Clevelands schedule ( Baltimore twice, Pitt twice, NYG, Ten, Phi). he is going to have two nice games against the Bengals, maybe.

Andre Johnson is usually ranked in the middle top 10 for receivers. Royal has lots of upside and I would 1 to 1 swap him for Slaton, but I wouldn't give up Johnson for Lewis

Yeah, this is almost exactly what I was thinking, though I think Royal has more value than Slaton at the moment. But I'm just not all the excited about Jamal Lewis. And since I can start 4WR and 2RB, I am leaning toward not taking the trade. It's tough with Slaton having proven nothing yet and Royal only having the one game which isn't at all a trend we can bank on.

Yeah, this is almost exactly what I was thinking, though I think Royal has more value than Slaton at the moment. But I'm just not all the excited about Jamal Lewis. And since I can start 4WR and 2RB, I am leaning toward not taking the trade. It's tough with Slaton having proven nothing yet and Royal only having the one game which isn't at all a trend we can bank on.

Then there is no way I would take that trade if you start 4WR, you have to keep Andre. Wait a week, see what Royal does this week against the Chargers and if he stinks it up take one of your rookie rb and make a counter offer ( 1 for 1 trade ) You don't trade your #1 wr ( 4wr slots ) for any RB unless its top 5, and Jamal aint top 5. The other guy must of thought you were stupid....

I would make the trade. Jamal Lewis is a definate upgrade over Steve Slaton. I am really high on Eddie Royal this year. He looked great in Monday nights game. I only think things will get easier for him with Brandon Marshall back. No one will give him double coverage. Should be open a lot more. Andre Johnson is a good receiver, but i think the upgrade at running back out weights that. Plus Fitz, Cotchery, and Holmes is already very stellar receiving crew. Royal would be your 4th. Not a bad 4th receiver to have.

http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?showtopic=258879

Edited by endersma

This is a tough call, but in a PPR league, I would stay put. I know you don't have a legit RB2 right now, but if you play the matchups, I think you can get decent production at that spot. That's what I'm essentially doing in a league where I got "Shanahaned" by Selvin Young as well, and outside of Slaton, I have even less to work with than you do.